Exhaust gasket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust gasket question

Cross-posting this here in case anyone has any ideas.

I need some advice on the exhaust gaskets (or lack thereof). RealOEM gives 2 pictures of exhaust manifolds for the 745i. One is obviousely correct and lists no exhaust gaskets, aside from the rings that are set in to the manifold, #15 p/n 11621706800

The other picture listed is clearly not the correct manifold, but it does list a gasket for #3, p/n 11621723851

Should I use an actual exhaust gasket? I could reuse the standard m30 gaskets and heat shields, but will that cause a problem? I'm totally confused

I'm not familiar with the 745i, but the top picture looks like the intake manifold/gaskets....the exhaust manifolds need to have a gasket, and it looks like either 3 or 4 would work.....

Have you removed the manifolds and checked to see if the gasket matches either?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

The old m30 gasket matches both just fine. But nothing I can find online shows any signs of a gasket being used.

Comment

I got 1 reply on the e23 of bf.c saying OEM setups didn't use any gaskets. Anyone else have any info?

Comment

#15 is the gasket. We have been working on an old Porsche 944 turbo and the OEM gaskets are the same style crush rings.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I assume they're reusable?

Comment

Not sure about indefinitely, we re-used them on the Porsche and they aren't leaking, but not sure if they are original.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
              X