X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1988 325 Black, 2-Door, 5-Speed, Many Upgrades

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling my beloved E30. I’ve had this car and daily driven it for over 11 years.

We’ve been through a lot together and I’ve put countless hours under the hood with this beauty.

I have many maintenance logs showing all the repairs and scheduled maintenance I’ve done over the years.

Here are some of the cold hard facts about the car you’ll want to know:

Cars Location: San Diego, California

Year: 1988

Body Style: 2- Door

Color: Black (schwartz)

Transmission: 5-Speed, Manual

VIN: WBAAB5407J4286071

Miles: 243,122

Model: 325 (SUPER ETA) - I have done a full conversion making this a “327i” car. I purchased a “885” BimmerHeads rebuilt head. It was ported and polished, new stainless steel valves, HD rockers, 272 Billet Cam, new Valve springs. it had THE WORKS. This was installed in June of 2017. So it’s VERY FRESH

Along with the head: I installed the larger intake manifold and had it professionally powdered coated black.

Installed all new coolant hoses (blue silicon)

Installed a 325i refurbished MAF, 325i Throttle Body and TPS

17.5 LBS M50 injectors which I had fully rebuilt

3.0 Bar Fuel Pressure Regular - brand new

173 ECU with SSSquid 2.7i chip

7K redline tachometer (even put in some cool looking rings)

I used all new high quality gaskets etc everywhere, I took my time and it turned out very nice.

New Bremi Cap and Rotor and STI ignition wire set.

Since then I’ve installed a rebuilt drive shaft and a new Bosch Starter.

The list goes on but you get the picture.

To further compliment the “327i” conversion I installed a 3.73 Diff and removed the dual mass flywheel, installing a single mass “i” one and had it machined down. I put a new clutch disk, pressure plate, TOB, etc in. Changed out ALL the tranny seals etc (I do a very thorough job whenever I work on this car)

Wheels / Tires: Ronal LS 15’ - very nice wheels that are period correct. I had these imported from RONAL in Europe. Less than 2 years old with ZERO curb rash - they are in immaculate condition. They are wrapped in Direzza DZ102 205 / 55 / 15 all around with lots of life left.

Suspension: H&R Race Springs with Bilstein Sport Shocks. Every bushing and mount has been replaced.

Subframe mounts: new Lemforder stock rubber
    Trailing Arm bushings: new Lemforder stock rubber
    Rear Shock mounts: upgraded E46 “ I believe “ rubber
    New Rear Springs Pads

New Front Strut Bearings/mounts
    New CAB’s E30 M3 offset version
    new sway bar bushings and links
    new Lemforder tie rod assemblies
    New front wheels bearings/hub assembly

The suspension is very stiff and solid - but not nasty squeaky like you’d get with polly bushings.

Upgrades:

As stated above, full conversion to a 327i stroker motor, freshly rebuilt top end.

Mtech 1 Steering Wheel

X5 3.0 shifter with M weighted shift knob, Leather with M stripe shift boot

E46 M3 Floor Mats

Blue Silicon Coolant/Radiator Hoses

E34 Leather E-Brake handle

E30 Leather E-Brake Boot

Rear Premium Speakers installed (OEM)

RONAL LS Wheels (near mint condition) Less than 2 years old

Genuine Hartge Rear Badge (H28), also have chinese Hartge Badging.

Front Euro Grills

Front Blinkers Clear Smoked

Front Smoked Head lights and high beams

Front Euro Trim

Front Vinyl Sport Seats installed, Driver is near mint condition, and passenger is all mint except a hole which i have covered with a leather patch (looks decent). All the seat shocks have been replaced.

Shadow Trimmed all around the windows (looks very nice)

Windows tinted 35% all around (professionally done)

Recent Wheel alignment

Map light front an “IS” car

Euro Clock installed

Plastic Bumper Conversion

Front IS lip (aftermarket)

AC Delete

Cruse Control Delete

Windshield washer system Delete

Blacked out Front Kindey Grill

Throttle Body Heater Delete (Done Very Nicely - makes engine compartment a lot cleaner)

CD Player with AUX port

Maintence :

I bought this car at 133,XXX miles in 2007 and have meticulously maintained it. I have many of my personal records to show you (I did all the work myself). It’s had oil changes every 3 months or 3,000 miles with Castrol GTX 20W50 every time. Fuel Filters every 10K, timing belts every few years, coolant and brake fluid changes often. Air Filters often. Valves adjust every 10K, new NKG spark plugs. Tranny fluid changed every year. Diff fluid changed often too. You name it, it’s prolly been done with all high quality oils, gaskets and parts.

With that said this is a 30 year old classic and it does have a few beauty marks and a few things that need some attention.

Paint: it’s original and looks very good for it’s age, it does of course have scratches, chips and blemishes etc

Front Driver Side Fender has some damage (see pics)

passenger side door has some dents (see pics)

And the body has small little dings here and there.

The rear wheel bearings just started to make noise a few hundred miles ago and i haven’t got around to replacing them.

The rear Drive axles are going. You can feel it in the driveline if you aren’t smooth with the gas pedal.

Dash has a few cracks (very typical)

Driver side door is squeaky (I have the bushing for it just haven’t gotten around to installing it, part included in the sale)

——————

Overall this is a fantastic car, I really want to see it go to a good home. I have put hundreds of hours of blood seat, tears and $$$$ into this car over the last 10+ years and want to find someone who will appreciate it and make it even better than it is now.

Clean Title, Tags registered until March 2019, Car has lived in California it’s whole life.

Car Passed Smog in June 2018

Price: $7,700 OBO, Cash and only Cash

Serious Buyers PM me and we’ll go from there.

Thanks

- Anthony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by E30Hooligan; 08-07-2018, 07:35 PM. Reason: no links to outside ads

Pictures of items for sale are required per forum rules. Please post some. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

in for pics.
      Winner winner chicken dinner?

My Seller Feedback Thread

Comment

In for pics as well. Would love to see this one.
        1995 525i Bostongruen Metallic
        1995 525i Calypsorot
        1988 325ic Zinnoberrot
        2000 540i M-Sport Cosmo Swartz

Comment

Sounds like a stellar example of a SETA with all the right components. GLWS - looking forward to seeing pics.
          1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
          SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
          Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

In for pics

Comment

This is exactly how I want mine to be after 10 years! GLWS
              sigpic

Comment

Great looking car!

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Bump for a really nice example. I had the pleasure to meet Anthony and take his 325 for a nice drive. Guy obviously has poured a ton of love into her and she was in fantastic mechanical shape. Description is thorough and accurate. I ended up finding an out-of-state S50 swapped car for a song, otherwise would have strongly considered pulling the trigger on this one. GLWS!

Comment

What happened to all the A/C and how hard would it be to put back in? Disconnected lines at the firewall or further?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Does this pass CA smog with the new cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pacific Exposure - Thanks Mate, glad you found the S50 swap you were looking for, the pics you sent me looked pretty awesome.

A/C - I removed all the lines up to the heater core, considering it was an R-12 system that i took out you would probably want to replace the lines (0-rings) if you were to convert it to R134A anyway. It's a weekend days worth of labor probably to install the components.

Smog - yes it passes smog, that's one of the reasons I choose that particular CAM. It gives a subtle increase in engine response while still maintaining a very smooth idle and passes CA SMOG.

Comment

Edit: just got the car registered for another year. Will save any potential buyer some reg fees.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X