Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Sold. I'm finna do it

The only other thing id do is ask for an extra coat or two of clear it needs to be so many layers thick or it wont last.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm sure it wouldn't cost much extra, seeing as how everything they do is cheap anyway.
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
        I'm sure it wouldn't cost much extra, seeing as how everything they do is cheap anyway.

When i asked it was like 150 extra

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          When i asked it was like 150 extra
          Nice, that seems reasonable.
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

question for you two on this, what would you consider prep work that you would do before taking it to them?

My clear is almost off and I have bad cracking in the paint due to the hot dry weather of Arizona. So one day I'm gonna need to get it painted.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              question for you two on this, what would you consider prep work that you would do before taking it to them?

My clear is almost off and I have bad cracking in the paint due to the hot dry weather of Arizona. So one day I'm gonna need to get it painted.

Remove all the trim and gaskets, mask it , Repair rust if it has any and if you know what your doing start the mud work and let them finish as long as they wont interact with each other.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

aww ok
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I've used Maaco a couple times with varying results. I think the final outcome depends simply on who works on the car. some body workers and painters are better than others. it will be the luck of the draw as to what you get for the say 15 bucks an hour they pay their help.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I'm REALLY missing my damn car right about now... This next week or two won't go by fast enough...
                    On another note, I'm seriously considering a Camry as an option for a more fuel efficient car for going back and forth to class.
                    88 325i Cabrio
                    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

v6 camry?
                      those are badass!
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        v6 camry?
                        those are badass!
                        Lol oooohhhhh no. I'm talking the gutless early 2000's ones. But, yes, I agree the new ones are great.
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          I've used Maaco a couple times with varying results. I think the final outcome depends simply on who works on the car. some body workers and painters are better than others. it will be the luck of the draw as to what you get for the say 15 bucks an hour they pay their help.
                          Most bodyshops pay that or less, 10 years ago I was a prepper and I made a whole 11 bucks an hour, the head painter was there for years and only pulled $20. Body guys dont make shit

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Has anyone had a slave cylinder blow out the shaft, seal, ect into the transmission before?

Just finished a clutch job on an e39 and I was bleeding the slave and all the sudden I felt the pressure build up and the next time I depressed the pedal I felt theeee pop.

I couldn't get my hand in there or my magnet to pull the shaft out, so I have to open this dumb slut up again.........

I’ve done jobs where I found the shaft in the corner of the bellhousing, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now the Mazda blew a brake line on the way home last night. Fuck this car.

Also, not sure why, but somehow the rear right failed and I have no front brakes now either? I thought that was the point of a dual chamber master cylinder? Unless that's fucked too, which wouldn't surprise me at all, given how quickly the rest of the car has fallen apart.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Almost forgot... I managed to forget the engine ground while wiring up our CRF450x, then zapped the fuck out of myself when I tested the ignition output. I guess it grounded up the CAN-USB and through my laptop case to me. Engine is on an engine dyno, but the whole thing is attached to a pallet, so there's no grounding path otherwise
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X