Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in 525ix gearboxes etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the 525iX ZF 310/320 gearbox?

Comment

alternatively, I have a tailhousing for the 525ix transmission that I don't want or need - BNIB. Make an offer.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
        For the 525iX ZF 310/320 gearbox?
        Yes, from a stock car.
        E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
        E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

The E53 front drive assembly (FDA) will most likely require notching the driver's footwell, because it mounts the diff a couple of inches further left than the E34 FDA. This surgery is contra-indicated for most six cylinder E30 swaps.

Can you send E34 FDA's + axles?

*FDA = the whole enchilada: oil pan, oil pump + pickup tube, diff, right hand bearing block.
          The axles are also really hard to get in the US, so we'd need those too.

Comment

And if racing Turbo Porsches isn't enough of a side hustle for you, you can make a few extra Kroner (does Sweden not use the Euro?) shipping Euro market BMW parts to the US!
            Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 11-07-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

The E53 front drive assembly (FDA) will most likely require notching the driver's footwell, because it mounts the diff a couple of inches further left than the E34 FDA. This surgery is contra-indicated for most six cylinder E30 swaps.

Can you send E34 FDA's + axles?

*FDA = the whole enchilada: oil pan, oil pump + pickup tube, diff, right hand bearing block.
              The axles are also really hard to get in the US, so we'd need those too.
              Yes, and steering rack interference with stock E30ix rack at least.

Yes I can send the whole enchilada :) Just have to double check that I have all those parts available right now, bit I think I do.

And if racing Turbo Porsches isn't enough of a side hustle for you, you can make a few extra Kroner (does Sweden no use the Euro?) shipping Euro market BMW parts to the US!
              Haha yes I could probably source and send whatever euro parts you (or others) need :)
              E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
                Yes, and steering rack interference with stock E30ix rack at least.

Yes I can send the whole enchilada :) Just have to double check that I have all those parts available right now, bit I think I do.

Haha yes I could probably source and send whatever euro parts you (or others) need :)
                Now that I'm back from a year in Afghanistan, I can put some design time into my new crossmember to relocate the steering rack forward. The crossmember should work with either E53 or E34 FDA's because the sump appears to be basically the same length on either one.

Comment

Nisse, what do automatic E34 transfer cases look like?
                  The ETK doesn't have a decent diagram.

I'm wondering if I should use either an automatic E30 T-case or automatic E34 T-case with GS6-53BZ. The ATC 350 & ATC 700 look interesting, but I don't think they'd last long slipping the clutch pack to make the car drive like an AWD car.

Comment

I'm wondering if I should use either an automatic E30 T-case or automatic E34 T-case with GS6-53BZ. The ATC 350 & ATC 700 look interesting, but I don't think they'd last long slipping the clutch pack to make the car drive like an AWD car.
                    I've never seen one in person to be honest, I can see if I can find one :)
                    E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Found a bad pic on a Swedish forum:

You can buy the trans and tc for 200 usd btw :D
                      E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
                        Cool, thanks! I knew we kept you around for something. ;)

After perusing RealOEM for a bit, I found that the A5S-310Z used in the E3 525iX was used mostly in *EURO* market cars, EXCEPT that it was used in the E36 M3 here in the US. Sweeeeet. I might be able to snag an output yoke for spline counting purposes, as the RWD and AWD output shafts appear to be the same.

That will tell me at a basic level how difficult the E34 T-case will be to adapt to the GS6-53BZ. In the worst case scenario, I could cut the output splines off the rear planet carrier and cut the flange off the GS6-53BZ output yoke (or the ATC-350 or ATC-700 input shafts), do some machine work, a shrink fit and some welding to end up with a home made adapter.
                        Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 02-01-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X