No announcement yet.

Best 15 in lightweight? Kosei K1 vs TrMotorsports C1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run TDM 1.3's and I absolutely love them, both in look and weight, I'm using 225 NT01's on them and cant beat bang for buck of that wheel combo. The widest tires I have seen tucked on a stock fendered e30 was a 255 RA1 @ buttonwillow one time, i havent seen it since.. If you want to go wider you would have to run some type of flares for the rear especially.
    1991 BMW 318is Track Car-NEEDS ITBS AND STANDALONE!!
    1997 BMW 328i Daily Driver-like buttah..

Comment

no way, I'm daily driving on 235/50-15 R888s. it's tight but you just need adequate spring rate and rolling, plus the right offset.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        no way, I'm daily driving on 235/50-15 R888s. it's tight but you just need adequate spring rate and rolling, plus the right offset.
        How are the r888's for daily? I'm looking for a good autox and daily tire for my ix.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          How are the r888's for daily? I'm looking for a good autox and daily tire for my ix.
          nando seems to like them just fine as stated in this exact thread.

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
          sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
            Obviously, it all depends on how you define "best."

I went with the TDR ProRace 1.2 from Bimmerworld because they were available in 15x7" with the correct offset (et25) and center bore (57.1mm) so that I don't need to use spacers or centering rings. More important, they were the only 15x7" wheels I could find that cleared my big brake kit:

They had a few other advantages: they are relatively light at 15lbs; they are dirt cheap at only $125 each; they have a reputation for being strong; and they look cool.

Now Bimmerworld offers the TDR ProRace 1.3 as well. They're even lighter (13lbs) and cheaper ($100 each). Those are the ones I'd buy if I were in the market right now.

I like what you did with the BMW logos over the center what mm size was that? and were did you get them?

FOLLOW ME FOR MORE UPDATES-

YOUTUBE:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/
            UC1HjzOIhFN0XjdVCAWNlDPg

INSTAGRAM:
            https://www.instagram.com/gagefox4/
            FACEBOOK:
            https://www.facebook.com/gage.nager
            89 325i

Comment

Here's a 2016 answer to the thread:

JRW Spec E30 wheels - 15x7 4x100 57.1 - ET15 - Satin Black - Gloss Silver - Gloss Anthracite - Gloss Black - PTS Series

Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                Direct fit > Weight > Style
                Also, availability / ability to replace quick and easy

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                k1's are still available?
                +1
                I don't worry about TRM C1s being available. And they are cheap, direct fit, etc.

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                If I were in the market, I'd buy the 15x8 C1's

I have a set of K1s in 15x7 et17 and a set of rota slips in 15x8 et20 and like the rotas better if only for the added width.
                I had ET17 K1s and liked them, but the plastic centering ring was a pain to deal with, especially if swapping to other wheels. I almost got some 15x8 rotas back in the day but then went another path. I also considered 15x8s but didn't seem worth it, especially with 205/50-15 costs and availability.

Before TRMs, TDs made perfect sense, but TRMs look better to me than Team Dynamics and are pretty popular for a reason. We're committed now and buying spares. However, that said... Jongbloed Racing's 15x7s look good!

Comment

Working...
                X