Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    ^^^Nice woof.

Is that krinkle finish paint better than the usual Dynamat?
    Thanks. The coating is actually made by Second Skin Insulation. They call it a viscoelastic sound deadener, 'Spektrum Sludge'. I've used DynaMat before and this works better IMO. Lighter, just as thick but gets better coverage in corners and creases, and has better long term adhesion. I still used DynaMat in a few locations though.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
      Luke, you need to make this version for e30 M3s and make a GB on s14.net! :nice:

I need a box for my M dammmit! :hitler:
      What is the difference in the M3 trunk/seatback/skipass ???
      1988 E30 ALPINA B3 2.7 #224/257 Made in Buchloe

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

M3s have no ski pass.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Ok Make sense then !

Get your drill and sawzall out !

Pierre

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

Actually, M3's do have the skipass panel that can be knocked out. The panel in my '88 M3 was already removed by a previous owner, and before I permanently installed my 10" Luke box in my 325is, I tested it in the M3 and it obviously fits the same. One plus in the M3 is that you don't have to remove any trunk tar to make the box fit properly.
            Eric Giles
            '20 M2 CS
            '04 M3
            '11 X5 35D
            '87 325is
            '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Every M3 I have ever seen came with rear battery, which means it has the skipass opening.

These fit the M3 flawlessly, but the rear panel will need to be templated differently...so that would be on you!

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke got my MP ?

Pierre

Comment

OT, kind of. Anyone used Second Skin's damplifier? Not pro... just damplifier. I'm thinking of ordering ~10ft^2 for my vert install. I don't want dynomat as it is expensive and HEAVY.

I still want one of those 10" boxes Luke. The wife loves the 12" box, and I am continually impressed by it's output (and clarity) with only 150w RMS and an RE Audio rex12d4 that only cost $55. What is the max top mounting depth a sub can have in one of those? Any excursion limits?
                  "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                  -----------------------------------------
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    OT, kind of. Anyone used Second Skin's damplifier? Not pro... just damplifier. I'm thinking of ordering ~10ft^2 for my vert install. I don't want dynomat as it is expensive and HEAVY.

I still want one of those 10" boxes Luke. The wife loves the 12" box, and I am continually impressed by it's output (and clarity) with only 150w RMS and an RE Audio rex12d4 that only cost $55. What is the max top mounting depth a sub can have in one of those? Any excursion limits?
                    As in actual XMax or how much a woofer cone can flop around....the 10", you either need to trima bit of metal or keep it under 1.5" P2P.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Quick add: I still need an E34 pan and pickup, maybe a throttle cable too. I need a DME too, like a 413, or whatever I need for an S50, but non-EWS.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        Every M3 I have ever seen came with rear battery, which means it has the skipass opening.

These fit the M3 flawlessly, but the rear panel will need to be templated differently...so that would be on you!
                        Because the battery is in the trunk, it doesn't mean it has the skipass in the rear bulkhead. M3s don't have a skipass. I know, I have an M3. ;-)

Lee

massivebrakes.com

Comment

M3 are first series of E30, so that may explain why they don't even have the cutout as standard.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                            Because the battery is in the trunk, it doesn't mean it has the skipass in the rear bulkhead. M3s don't have a skipass. I know, I have an M3. ;-)

Lee
                            I have removed the skipass panels from at least 6 M3s, as this is the shit I have done for a living as a professional for 30 years.

Stick to brakes, Lee.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              I have removed the skipass panels from at least 6 M3s, as this is the shit I have done for a living as a professional for 30 years.

Stick to brakes, Lee.
                              I have an M3 my friend. And I have never seen one M3 with a ski pass. And there's a very simple reason for that. No M3 has a tilting center arm rest thru which you can pass your skis... Therefore you must have been snifing too much wood glue, or have been mistaken by a fake ///M badge...

massivebrakes.com

Comment

I believe what luke says is that there is the pre-arrangement for the ski-pass, as a spot-welded panel which is easily removable.

Lee, remove your backrest and you will see.

Cheers Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X