15x10 track wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
    Who's car is that?! Sorry to be off-topic!
    Looks like Zimmies old e30.

I also don't see the point in posting about how you run 17x10's or 16x10's on your stretched & poked stanced g-ride when the OP is clearly asking for purpose fitted 15x10's.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Custom is the only way to go. 5.25" backspacing in front will get the wheel a close to the strut as possible and you could probably go 5.5" in the rear.

Comment

Just got an email from 949. They are now making a 15x10 +25 (6.45" backspacing)

13.5 lbs
        11.75" brake rotor clearance
        $209 each

Comment

Originally posted by alane View Post

13.5 lbs
          $209 each
          Your going to need to run atleast a 25mm spacer in the rear and 30mm spacer in the front for them to even clear the trailing arms and struts.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            Something tells me that a guy asking about 15x10's in the track forum isn't planning on running 215 street tires.

Just because a 215 'fits' on a 15x10 and you manage to get by on the street without ruining your fenders doesn't mean he will, when he's pulling well over 1g in corners, hitting bumps, with 275's (the only logical tire for a 15x10 on an e30).

JGood to the rescue.
            It's pointless to run a 10" wide wheel without a wide tire as well. You're just adding weight with no benefits from the wheel. The tire needs to have some compliance to the ground surface.
            Hate to say it but if you're on a budget the Diamond racing, Circle or Berget wheels work fine. But yeah they're really heavy. But at $60-70 a wheel, that's cheap to get out there and have fun. The tire cost is going to kill already.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I posted this picture in another thread in this section. The wheels are from Spin Werkes. 15 x 10 with 4.5 inch back spacing. Tires are 275/35/15 Hoosier A6s.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by alane View Post

13.5 lbs
                $209 each
                Can they make a custom 15x10 size with correct offset to fit w/o spacers?
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Real makes custom wheels that are reasonably affordable if you can deal with their style (or lack of?). You can go with either a wide-5 setup or a full custom wheel. I've adapted to wide-5 and run an aluminum 16x10 but you could easily do 15x10 since that's what your goal is. With the wide-5 wheels you have to run adapters obviously, and they will make them to order for whatever size bolt pattern and hub size you need. Mine are hubcentric and fit like a glove. Their wheels are available in 1" increments for backspacing but any wide-5 wheel will fit their adapters so if you need something more flexible than that you could always run another brand wheel on the adapters.

Here are a couple pics where we fit them on a friends Subi (obviously using a different adapter):

And another pic of just the adapter being test fit on my car:

Even with the chunky adapters the total wheel weight isn't too bad. For reference, my 18x10 wheels with 250/650/18 slicks (worn down past the nubs) weighed 39.9 lbs and the new Real setup (with brand new 1.5" wider slicks) weigh in @ 40.7 lbs

Comment

Forgot that there is a pair of 4x100 15x10's on corner-carvers for sale at the moment. Looks like there is a deposit left but might be worth following up on if there is interest:

Pair (2) of 15X10 REAL Wide 5 wheels, 4X100 bolt pattern. They are a 7" backspace wheel but coupled with the 1.5" offset adapter (the center section) gives a 5.5" backspace. REAL sells other adapters if you are looking for another bolt pattern. $500 (sale pending).

Comment

^ Good info! They aren't even that bad looking?

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                        Can they make a custom 15x10 size with correct offset to fit w/o spacers?
                        Unfortunately not, they are what they are.

Comment

Who else can make custom size / offset wheels like REAL?

Comment

949 is releasing a 15x10, 13.5lbs, ET25 6UL.

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^^ That was already posted a few spots up.

Comment

yeah, I see that now.

I disagree about the spacer sizes though.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X