My Vert Custom Audio Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
    Ok. I finally got to hear the setup. For 95% of you guys out there, here's your review:

Great sound for a vert. E30 vert for that matter. The car was prepared nicely as well. Through most of the hz range, there is little to no unwanted noise. The noise damping was properly done and you get great bass with clear highs and decent mids. The install looks very clean. Nothing was ghetto tied or shoved in a corner like some installs I see Cruising in this thing with the stereo up will put a smile on your face for sure. :D

For you audio fanatics:

The bass can get a bit muddy at times, although, with a hidden ported design, I would expect this. I do not know the specs nor did I look them up, but the mids and highs feel like they are starving for power. I know JL makes great amps for the most part but I'm just used to MOAR POWA!!! :hitler: I know you guys who are serious about ICE have lots of power and control over your systems, but this basic(AMP/DECK/SUB) came out pretty good. (A lot better than I expected.)

No access to the spare is a downer for me, but I've seen worse. Hell, I'VE had worse!! lol Overall, nice setup OP. I'm glad you are happy with it. That's the important thing.

Note: I did not tune anything on this setup as I would hope that the installer would have. Mike, if you would like, let me know and I would gladly check it out for you.

He didnt really tune anything to my knowledge. I was told to let the speakers operate for 20 hrs so they could break in, then come back for tuning. But yea while its at the shop you should tune it! I will be by there after work today again.

I think the amp is tuned down right now. Its a 5 channel 900 watt amp. 4x100 and 1x500. There should be plenty of power. I would hope

Comment

"break in" lol
      -Andy

Comment

Only subs are broken in. I've never heard of door speakers that required break in. IN fact, most subs don't require break in, only competition grade sound pressure level competition subs like RE, Digital Designs, etc.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
          Only subs are broken in. I've never heard of door speakers that required break in. IN fact, most subs don't require break in, only competition grade sound pressure level competition subs like RE, Digital Designs, etc.

Hoping to have an update soon with my build. ;)

Sorry Mike, didn't get a chance to look at your car today. I'll just wait til it's finished.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          1982 528e - Sold
          1987 325e - Totalled
          1990 325is - Sold
          1997 540i6 - Sold
          1991 325ic - Sold
          2013 335i - Sold
          2005 X5 - Daily
          1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Working...
          X