wiring cover.. can anyone tell me what you guys used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring cover.. can anyone tell me what you guys used

i always see this clean beautiful black plastic that covers the harness .. what did you guys use? and from what car? :roll:

use search function and search for e30 m3 harness cover or go to realoem.com and look for it there under e30 m3 chassis.

edit...

Comment

e30 m3 covers. or you can use e34 ones.
      sigpic

Comment

best part of the whole swap. alot of people dont know it but the main relays even clip onto it.
        NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

So you need these four?

21 TRIM PANEL WIRE HARNES ENGINE 1 51711380392 $20.31
          22 COVERING WIRE HARNES ENGINE 1 51711380391 $18.19
          23 SUPPORT WIRE HARNES ENGINE 1 51711380390 $22.32
          24 INSERT WIRE HARNES ENGINE 1 51711380888 $5.93
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

e30 m42 cars also have them
            1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
              best part of the whole swap. alot of people dont know it but the main relays even clip onto it.

uhh, i didn't know that.. pics please?!?!

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

Originally posted by loonibab325i View Post
                uhh, i didn't know that.. pics please?!?!

Comment

W00t w00t.. AWSOME.. THanks everyone...

Comment

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead - but both myself as well as the dealership are 100% unable to locate the part number for the screws to hold the plastics to the firewall. Does anyone have that?

Comment

Originally posted by ar design View Post
                      Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead - but both myself as well as the dealership are 100% unable to locate the part number for the screws to hold the plastics to the firewall. Does anyone have that?
                      This install was not totally P/P on my 89 E30

No screws required really. I mounted mine using 2 plastic nuts on existing studs both across the top 1L/1R but you have to drill new holes in the back over. If you want to mount the plastic holder for the C101 connector you will need longer screws if you left the insulation on the firewall. I used 2e 4mmx 15 mm screws.
                      Start installation by locating back plate using the studs for the C101 bracket.
                      A dremel tool is your friend GL
                      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

My firewall has quite a few female studs on it, and the plastic bracket has holes that correspond?

Comment

I had to cut some of the studs off my squirrel cage cover, and I was able to use some miscellaneous hardware to fasten the covers on. I think I used 2 of the existing studs and cut the rest off.

Comment

Originally posted by ar design View Post
                            My firewall has quite a few female studs on it, and the plastic bracket has holes that correspond?
                            no none of the existing studs really line up. 2 new holes. also shave off the male 'boss on the back side on pass side end so the plate will lay flat and as mentioned other studs can be cut off or bent out of the way.
                            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

I have 3 threaded male studs that line up perfectly?

Comment

Working...
                              X