Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the HELL do I remove the rear seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the HELL do I remove the rear seats?

I removed the part you sit on just fine, but the part of the seat the yuour back rests on wont budge... wtf? im new to e30s

It is bolted down.

There are 2 bolts,one on each side about 4 inches below the outside bottom corners of the seat.

Look around you will find them. Once you remove those bolts the seat just lifts up.

Hope this helps.

Andy
    -Andy

Comment

inside the trunk? or on the seat side? thanks

Comment

seat side.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

It should be a 13mm bolt holding a 1/2" piece of black metal coming out of the seat. Its tucked in the corner by the bottom of the seat back pretty good. There is also sometimes a piece of vinyl covering them, so you might have to push that over to see the bolts.
          sigpic

Comment

behind the metal tube that runs down in the corners, usually right by where the seat belt bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
              It should be a 13mm bolt holding a 1/2" piece of black metal coming out of the seat. Its tucked in the corner by the bottom of the seat back pretty good. There is also sometimes a piece of vinyl covering them, so you might have to push that over to see the bolts.
              correct but 10 not 13 tho

Comment

thanks guys, got em out

Comment

Originally posted by BMWLA View Post
                  correct but 10 not 13 tho
                  Touche. I just took mine out and rarely ever put them back. Nobody is allowed in my backseat anyway.

Good to hear you got it out OP.
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote=E30 Groupie;1297273]Touche. I just took mine out and rarely ever put them back. Nobody is allowed in my backseat anyway.
                    [quote]

Well put. One of my friends was looking back there and noticed that I didn't have any seatbelts. Apparently I forgot to pull them out last time I re-installed the rear seat....a year ago. ;)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                    X