90 4 door S50 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 4 door S50 swap

Got this car for 700.00 two years ago, It was an Automatic with a blown engine and no options I can think of besides high end sound.. I needed a new body after destroying my red 89 two door.. So I swapped over the 5 speed, running m20, exhaust, 5 lug swap, ground control coil overs, etc...

Now Ive found an S50 and Im working on getting that in there.
    Attached Files

After starting to remove the motor I found my subframe on the passenger side was sheared off at the welds, and because of the mounts Im using, It broke the ear off of the G260..
    Attached Files

Comment

Broken subframe

I got another subframe and welded in the Turner Motorsport reinforcements

Revshift swap bushings use the slotted hole in the subframe.. Which will be impossible to get a socket on when using the reinforcements... So I ground the holes out more.. forgot to take a picture though
      Last edited by bimmer630; 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Waiting for s50

M20/G260 flywheel, going to have the front side shaved down for clearance

M50 and S50 sitting in the corner.. Bought the M50 first but found an S50 soon after, and Im able to use the harness DME and intake etc from the M50 on the S50

Had to use the Turner coolant tube designed for S52 OBD-1 swaps.. since the guy I got my S50 from took it out to put in his S52

no clearance!!

Comment

Hey guys these swap mounts seem to be able to be clocked in any direction you want which is going to shift the engine forward or backward in relation to the subframe. Is this true or is it going to just find its sweet spot once it's in there?

Comment

Off to a good start! Congrats! Which headers are those?

Comment

eBay 130.00 headers

Comment

The spare m50 is for sale too!!!

Comment

More progress

I moved the booster over to the left 1/2" rather than replacing it with a 320i booster or finding an Ix unit.. moving it seemed easy enough.. and I also modified the clevis so I have a straight push on the booster shaft with no binding. The other guys on R3v that did this brake booster mod said you can only use 3 bolts, but I chopped up and welded the pedalgear bracket to make the 4th nut work.

Ebay headers seem to be touching the floor a bit.. Im gonna have to tweek a bit.

The motor has a s52 cover on it, thats what it came with, and it looks pretty good in there

Comment

What did you do to that red one, ouch.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Spun out ..hit a tree backwards

Comment

Had the FW cut down for oil pan clearance, and lightened. resurfaced the friction side while I was at it.

New LUK clutch kit, stock E30-325 spec

Comment

crap. no showy da picy

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                            Waiting for s50

no clearance!!
                            That's how mine was and it was a pain in the ass to tighten the nut but I managed to do it. Not sure how tight they are.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                            1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                            1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I ended up hogging out the hole to give enough room to get a socket on there

Comment

Working...
                              X