Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD SOLD SOLD m42 318is Mosselman turbo manifold and Garrett t25 turbo

SOLD!

• Mosselman Cast Iron low mount exhaust manifold and adapter fully ceramic coated from an E36 318is kit
    • Garrett T25 turbo (turbo has just been rebuild with heavy duty internals, 360 thrust bearing and step gap piston ring) Upgraded to GTX style billet compressor wheel, flows enough for over 300HP. Compressor side .48 (but the wheel has been upgraded and there is no way to calculate the exact A/R now) turbine .49. Very responsive turbo for this application, should spool almost instantly. This turbo can be upgraded even further, if you decide that you need more at a later time.Exhaust housing and bearing housing have been fully ceramic coated, the compressor housing has been powder coated "chrome"
    • Internal wastegate set around 8 psi

I have only mocked these up on a project, they are fully refurbished and in new condition. Here's some pics of it mocked up on a motor I had pulled from my car. It looks a bit tight on the cold side, but should still be able to clear everything with the right piping/couplers.

Untitled by hatchethairy, on Flickr

Last edited by captain awesome; 11-10-2017, 07:14 PM. Reason: SOLD

Interesting setup with it being down low like that, and I've never see a turbo manifold like that. All the exhaust goes through the turbo before going out the exhaust?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty ignorant to this whole turbo thing, but I'm pretty sure that's how all turbos work. Exhaust spins the turbo on hot side, while pushing air to the intake from the cold side. This was a low mount kit for e36 318is the Mosselman made many moons ago.

Comment

I've always seen turbo manifolds that basically look like normal manifolds, but with an extra pipe coming out. I've never boosted a car though, so I could be wrong :D

I'm just curious...would you be willing to trade for a set of 5 style 29 wheels? I also have 4 14x6.5 style 5s as well. I wanna boost my car, but I have a bunch of wheels instead of cash lol.

Comment

You are probably thinking of an external wastegate setup. This one is currently internal wastegate.

Gonna pass on the wheel trade. Need the cash for other parts I'd like to get instead.

Comment

I'd totally take this if I had the cash, but it wouldn't be wise of me to spend that much right now. Best of luck with selling!

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump. Shoot me an offer.

Comment

Last bump. Going back on the shelf if no offers this week.

Comment

Have you tried reddit.com/r/e30classifieds? Someone there might be interested. Also, ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                        Have you tried reddit.com/r/e30classifieds? Someone there might be interested. Also, ebay

I've got it on Bimmerforums, Panjo, and here. I don't know nor have ever used reddit. Through Panjo I got what I think are a couple spam offers.

Comment

This would be interesting. The historical aspect of this is pretty interesting too. Oldschool turbo manifold and an AIResearch compressor cover!

Wish I had some moneys :(
                          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Bump.

Comment

You might want to consider listing the turbo on the turbo miata forums, they really love this turbo size.

Just trying to help you get max dollar, but it would be a shame to part the setup
                              -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                              X