*** Price Dropped from $6000 to $5000 ***

174500 miles​
    Alpinweiss II with dunkelbraun top​
    5 speed manual
    Paint 8/9 imo - no dents, dings, major scratches etc​
    Crack free dash​
    Stock restoration except for stealth stereo upgrade​

Reppin' it at the LeMay Museum, BMW CCA Cabrios 'n Cake show:

Clean carfax with some service notes, but no big piles of receipts from prior owners​
    Top end rebuild at 124K​
    excellent repaint in Alpinweiss II around 150K​
    Side trim delete professionally done at same time​

Then I got it in Dec 2016, at 157K, and put some serious resto-mod in: (plenty of records for these)​

2017 Dark Brown top to match original, by Convertibles Only​

Mech work done by Strictly BMW (mainly by proprietor Jeff Newell, who raced E30's for decades)​
    2017 Timing belt, 2018 water pump (new Genuine BMW), resurfaced water pump seal mating face on block​
    2017 New shocks AND new-from-BMW springs all around (the front springs took a month to get from Germany)​
    (front springs ride high, might be for 325ix. Drop hats might do if you don't like the ride height - I like it as is)​
    2017 New stock BMW bushings etc as needed all around - car handles like-new-ish​, plenty responsive, loads of fun to drive
    2018 Brake pads, rotors, calipers, reservoir seals​
    2017 Oil pan gasket, gearbox gasket, all new fluids - no leaks​
    2017 new battery ​
    Oil & filter changes all on or ahead of schedule​

2017 Windshield by Euroglass: New windshield & chromed trim strip​

2017 Riken 195/65R14 all-season Grand Touring tires (closest match to original OEM, Continental doesn't carry any more)​

Stuff I've done:​
    2017-18 New BMW and/or Original OEM headlights, fog lights, turn signal lenses, all lamps, front bumper strips, front grill pieces​
    2017 Stripped/deep-cleaned/re-installed interior including thorough ozone treatment​

The "mod" part of the restoration is the sound system, done in the most-original look I could:​
    2017 "new" E36 BMW Business CD43 "high power" (haha) head unit​
    2017 New speaker wiring bypasses original wiring to rear amp (original wiring in place & intact, still have original tape deck with code & amp if you want to revert)​
    New JBL "high-efficiency" (2.7 ohm) speakers all around (stealth mod of original panels for slightly larger speaker cone areas)​
    New Kenwood bass boxes under front seats (stealth mod - raised seats 15mm to accomodate)​

2018 New operating antenna mast​
    2018 New OBDC light strip​
    2018 New odometer gears (lost about 200 miles between the break and the fix)​
    2018 New SI Board batteries (yes the SI board looks great, no corrosion or long-screw damage; no the batteries had not died prior to refresh, so transistors/caps should be ok)(yes I re-applied compliance resin to seal the re-soldered connections)​
    2017 New seat shocks, convertible top shocks & top lid shocks​
    2017 New window seals​
    2017 Cleaned, tightened, re-lubed all window mechanisms​
    2017 New floor mats​
    2017 New car cover​
    2018 Maintenance charger plug wired into battery, tbh I've never needed as its DD duties keep the battery charged up​
    2018 New wind screen stealth install w/ no holes in rear sides (rides on top of interior rear sides)​

Body is square where it counts, but: ​
    Replacement rocker panel trim piece included but not installed - should be an easy Summer afternoon job (but it's not Summer - my policy is "don't mess with 30yo plastic in cool weather")​
    - right rear corner is lifted 4-6mm somewhere south of the convertible top bin & cover. ​
    Trunk closes & seals ok. You get to choose whether to adjust the trunk stops for "no-effort closure" with a visible 1-2mm misalignment, or for "best look" with an extra press to latch. I go with "best look" and the extra press.​ See photos for gaps on trunk lid adjusted each way.

Other "but" items:
    - Rust on driver's rocker panel; see photos.

At this point I've put over $16K into the car, and gotten out 18K of DD, scenic-driving and club touring miles. ​
    Passing it on now, with best wishes for your continued stewardship of this lovely car.

Photo album on Flicker:
    Explore this photo album by bobdavisnpf on Flickr!

Sample shots from album:

What a lovely car...

zomg that stock front end looks so good!

CD43 upgrade looks right at home

174305 and counting...

High-mounted windscreen fits right in with its beige trim... and super easy to get doggies & blankets in & out of back seat
    Last edited by bobdavisnpf; 05-16-2019, 12:52 PM. Reason: sold

Beige windscreen....now, I've seen it all!!

Glws! Looks tits mate!

Comment

5-speed?

Comment

Originally posted by partyof5 View Post
        5-speed?
        Yes, stock and in good shape. New genuine BMW shift boot in 2017.
        Thanks for asking, I'll try an add a pic showing shifter to the gallery.

Comment

Pretty sure I see this car in Redmond from time to time commuting in the morning...Tempting

Comment

Originally posted by Phineus View Post
            Pretty sure I see this car in Redmond from time to time commuting in the morning...Tempting
            why yes, yes you do…

Comment

Beautiful car. GLWS!

Comment

Glws
                it's just a ETA !

Comment

Price dropped to $5000

Comment

PM sent!!

Comment

Another PM sent.