E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronloving View Post
    lovin the build man. id love to see it in person!
    Thanks man, it'll be out at all the East coast shows this summer... plus, I grew up in Columbus, so I'm sure it will be over there at least once this summer...

Garey

Comment

Man, that is all coming together really nicely. Even that radiator overflow lone is impressive. Can't wait to see it really start to get buttoned up.

Comment

Originally posted by OoPEZoO View Post
        Man, that is all coming together really nicely. Even that radiator overflow lone is impressive. Can't wait to see it really start to get buttoned up.
        Thanks man... I'm starting to get a little excited about the push to the end. I can feel it coming, which is a good feeling!

Garey

Comment

So the car is now stripped and back on the rotisserie to prime and paint the interior...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
            I'm starting to get a little excited about the push to the end. I can feel it coming, which is a good feeling!
            Thats what she said.

Seriously though, congrats on making to the downhill slope.
            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

This is serious progress Garey. Slow down, you're putting the rest of us to shame!

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                Thats what she said.
                That is some funny shit!

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                Seriously though, congrats on making to the downhill slope.
                Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                This is serious progress Garey. Slow down, you're putting the rest of us to shame!
                Thanks guys...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                  Thanks man... I'm starting to get a little excited about the push to the end. I can feel it coming, which is a good feeling!

Garey
                  I know what you mean! I'm closing in on having my SRE30 running after 3 months building the engine. Progress is hard and fast but I'm loving it!

I can still see a steering wheel and electrics that cars not stripped :p Love your work though, wish I'd gone the extra effort and done my car on a rotissere
                  - Chris
                  Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Beautiful work, man. I love this thread.
                    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                      I can still see a steering wheel and electrics that cars not stripped :p
                      You got me... see the next post:):):)

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                      Beautiful work, man. I love this thread.
                      Thanks man, I appreciate it... the kudos keep me moving forward...

Garey

Comment

Garey, your car is serious. I cannot compete, but I also cannot wait to meet it!
                        Recent Rebranding!!
                        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                        E30 SM62/S62
                        E30 M60 V8
                        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                        Instagram.com/garageaholic
                        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Well, with the car back apart and on the spit, I'm plowing through getting all of the loose ends tied up so I can get on to painting. The plan is to prime and paint the interior next weekend, then pull it back off the rotisserie to paint the exterior. Seems like a lot of work, just to paint the inside, but with it sideways on the spit, I can tape off everything except the drivers door opening and stand inside the car to paint the interior. Should be easier this way, as I can spin 360 degrees while standing. Pics from tonight...

Pretty much completely stripped now. Finished seam sealing all the custom brackets under the hood...

Here's a little relief I made in the drivers frame rail for extra alternator clearance...

Converted my brand new OEM fuel lines to 6AN on both ends...

Lonely motor waiting for it's new, permanent home...

One of the many piles of parts... It's amazing how much stuff is on an E30...

Nice view...

These last three, I tried to get some good pictures of the framework I made for the pedal assembly, since so many people have asked about it...

I'll get some more done over the weekend...

Garey

Comment

man u have some crazy patients stripping it back down that far wow, guess thats something great quality takes, such a great build cant wait to see more :P

Originally posted by chadthestampede
                            I'm just wondering why you didn't drift out of harm's way.

Comment

Good point... considering I've been working on this project for ~2 years, adding 5-6 hours worth of tear down time to the staggering total number of hours invested, it seems moot. I thought having it on the rotisserie to paint the interior would make that process easier/faster... so maybe it will be a wash... we'll see, lol!

Thanks man, I'm really looking forward to getting it done... so is my wife, lol!;)

Garey

Comment

So, it looks like the interior will see primer and paint tomorrow... I'll post pics, obviously. I got my supplies in today and took a few shots of the car on the rotisserie, almost taped and prepped...

Gotta get some sleep, tomorrow will be a long day... staying until the interior is white!

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X