No announcement yet.

5 Lug Kit Blow out sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested in getting a setup for my turbo car in the next month. I'll be running it with a BBK with 2 piece front rotors so i probably wont need the rotors spacers or front caliper carriers. I'll need the rears though.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Question has anyone removed and reinstalled a new front hub with this kit? I need to change a hub already that got 2 lug holes stripped. Is there anything special to look out for or tricks to remove the hub without damaging or gouging the spindle sleeves?
      sigpic

Comment

Do you have the detailed instruction booklet that you mentioned in the original add? I'd love to have a copy to aid with piecing together the rest of the kit.
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Just posting my setup for info:
          E36 m3 front hubs
          E46 non-m front brakes
          E30 m3 rear hubs/carriers
          E23 735i rear calipers

My 16" wheels fit.
          16x8.5 et13 front
          16x9.5 et19 rear

Comment

Couple of questions are my SS lines that are on my e30 going to work or do I need e46/e39 specific brake lines? Also the adaptor brackets that hold up the calipers, is the existing e30 specific hardware (bolts) compatible with these CNC'ed brackets?

Comment

I am running e30 lines IIRC

My setup is:

e36 m3 hubs
              e46 m3 front calipers
              e46 m3 front rotors
              e30 m3 rear hubs/stock e30 bearing (same part)
              e39 540i aluminum rear calipers
              e46 325i rear rotors

17x8 ET20 245/40
              17x9 ET22 245/40 (changing tire sizes soon)
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Beautiful car BTW man ^ I picked up a set of e39 528i rear calipers they will work too right?

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                  Just posting my setup for info:
                  E36 m3 front hubs
                  E46 non-m front brakes
                  E30 m3 rear hubs/carriers
                  E23 735i rear calipers

My 16" wheels fit.
                  16x8.5 et13 front
                  16x9.5 et19 rear
                  16" wheels! Yes!

Let's see more setups. There seem to be a huge number of compatible parts, that is great.
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

FYI i did a brake bias check and there is an 8% difference in front brake bias with this set up compared to stock. From what I was able to calculate stock brake bias is around .653, with the e46 m3 front brakes and e39 rears brake bias would be around .711. To even it back out close to stock you would either have to run a brake proportioning valve, or (easier method) run more aggressive pads in the rear than in the front. for example a regular street pad up front with coefficient of .4 and a rear high performance street pad with coefficient of .52 yielded results almost identical to stock braking. At least if you're trying to mimic the stock bias.

apexgoblin - versteht nicht jeder. Ist auch besser so!

Comment

Anyone have any pics of install process or other instructions....going to try this next weekend and I don't want to screw anything up

Comment

Originally posted by ApexGoblin View Post
                        FYI i did a brake bias check and there is an 8% difference in front brake bias with this set up compared to stock. From what I was able to calculate stock brake bias is around .653, with the e46 m3 front brakes and e39 rears brake bias would be around .711. To even it back out close to stock you would either have to run a brake proportioning valve, or (easier method) run more aggressive pads in the rear than in the front. for example a regular street pad up front with coefficient of .4 and a rear high performance street pad with coefficient of .52 yielded results almost identical to stock braking. At least if you're trying to mimic the stock bias.
                        I run a rear limit valve, which you can get for ~$50 from IE or Summit. I don't quite have it dialed in yet, but it's close

Diesekte: I took a few pics while installing the fronts:
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Part # or link?

Comment

MasterCylinder No: 260-12627, master cylinders, aluminum tandem, combination remote, compact master cylinder, go-kart master cylinder, handle-bar master cylinder, rebuild kits, high volume, hvm master cylinder, tandem, bleeding kits
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Any pictures of where you have this installed on the car?

Cheers

apexgoblin - versteht nicht jeder. Ist auch besser so!

Comment

Something here doesn't make sense, it sounds like apexgoblin is talking about increasing the rear brakes ability while jb325is is reducing it? Wouldn't you want to limiter for the front brakes?

Comment

Working...
                                X