Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

Yes, read through that and it was helpful. I needed some real pictures of the clamps at the bottom of the side skirts. Don sent me some, so now I have this figured out. Was thinking of tape, 3M, and the end screws for now until I can get the clamps....will have to order them.
    jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
      Yes, read through that and it was helpful. I needed some real pictures of the clamps at the bottom of the side skirts. Don sent me some, so now I have this figured out. Was thinking of tape, 3M, and the end screws for now until I can get the clamps....will have to order them.

jm

I ordered a bunch of them and the grommets and pins for the top. I'm still afraid to start drilling to mount them. The sides are riveted and I actually have the weird brackets for the sides too.
      sigpic
      323i MTEC1
      Z3 coupe
      E60 M5

Comment

There is another option for clamps to install side skirt. ECStuning has them but I can not find the part number. They have a bulk pack only. If 2 others would like to split an order let me know. I think you need 8 total.

Last edited by GT BMW E30; 03-27-2016, 05:55 AM.

Comment

that's 51711933125. looks like the same clip is used for coupe/sedan side skirt and vert... part #8 on all the realoem diagrams (see 2 posts down).

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 10:25 AM.
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

You can buy those from the dealership at $2.26/piece. Also, look forward to the update.

Mr. Wolfe
            sigpic

Comment

MT1 RealOEM images and PDFs

Click on each pic to take you to directly to its realoem page.

I've attached PDFs for
              - all the mtech1 realoem pages
              - mtech1 parts lists - everything but the coupe side skirt and 320i rear apron parts for now (sorry)

All Mtech1 parts pages in RealOEM
              PDF sorted by assembly
              PDF sorted by part number and availability

Front spoiler, rear apron and rear spoiler part numbers and illustrations appear to be common for all cars, with 2 exceptions
              - there are 2 kinds of rear aprons - slanted exhaust opening for 325i, straight exhaust opening for 320i. either one will work with any E30
              - 3 side skirt types, 1 for vert, 2 for coupe (straight and with wheel arches). Either coupe side skirt will fit. Mounting hardware is different too.

I could be wrong though so caveat emptor.

Front spoiler parts list - identical for coupe/sedan/vert near as I can tell.

Rear apron - looks identical for all cars, except 325i part has slanted exhaust opening, 320i and below part straight

325i listing

320i listing

E30 MT1 rear spoiler - does not have the 3 ribs like the E28 one

Full coupe sideskirt (with the wheel arch parts)

Straight sideskirt (without the wheel arch parts - looks like it was for 323i)

Vert sideskirt (different hardware - slips over top of rocker trim)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 03:41 PM.

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

MT1 assembly parts - sample pics

bet you've never seen one of these - older version the lower panel that screws the MT1 front spoiler and the metal valance together - one on each side. newer version has a bend in it.

51111919158 front spoiler lower panel

mtech 1 air ducts (there are supposed to be some mtech1 fender liners as well but you can just cut holes in the normal ones).
                Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 10:38 AM.

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

thanks for posting this information

I think it is sticky time for this thread. Lots of good information, and pictures all in the same place....sure has helped me!
                  jm

Comment

thats them.

Mr Wolfe I did not know they were still at the dealership. Who did you order yours from?

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                    that's 51711933125. will update this post with some realoem pages shortly. the hardware appears to be very different between coupe/sedan side skirt and vert.

Comment

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

I got my clips from

I was lucky however as the kit I got came with many of these clips and the lower panels as posted above . Even the brake ducts. The only thing I'm actually missing is a tow extension for the back.
                      sigpic
                      323i MTEC1
                      Z3 coupe
                      E60 M5

Comment

You don't have the part number by any chance do you? Do the brake ducts look like the ones shown in post 112?
                        Last edited by bradnic; 03-28-2016, 03:05 PM.

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                          thats them.

Mr Wolfe I did not know they were still at the dealership. Who did you order yours from?
                          I just copied the part number into my favorite BMW dealership online. (BMW of Morristown)

Mr. Wolfe
                          sigpic

Comment

I use them as well - very good source for OEM parts. Did you place the order recently?

Put in an order for front and rear spoiler hardware last week.. this is what came back:

Thank you for ordering from BMW Parts and Accessories .

We regret to inform you that the following 21 items are currently unavailable:

51711942967 AIR CHANNEL
                            51711942968 AIR CHANNEL
                            51111959739 COVER EURO
                            51111959740 COVER EURO
                            51111919154 LABEL
                            51711953903 TOWING HINGE
                            51121942083 RIVET
                            51121919155 BRACKET
                            51711919169 BRACKET
                            51711926202 BOLT
                            51711926201 8-STRIP EURO
                            51121953905 6 LABEL
                            51121953890 8-BRACKET EURO
                            51111953715 8-FOIL EURO
                            51161881149 8-FOIL EURO
                            51111942081 BRACKET
                            51111942082 8-RIVET EURO
                            51111919151 8-BOLT EURO
                            51711937627 BUFFER STRIP
                            51121932230 BUMPER STRIP EURO
                            51111953713 BUMPER STRIP EURO
                            Reason: Discontinued
                            Still hoping it's just the "blocked from US order" thing. Levent was looking into it.

UPDATE: It is all blocked from US order - UNLESS YOU HAVE A EURO VIN AND PROOF OR OWNERSHIP. Most of the hardware is still available as of March 2016, but the air ducts and most of the plastic panels are definitely NLA
                            Last edited by bradnic; 04-02-2016, 10:13 AM.

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              I use them as well - very good source for OEM parts. Did you place the order recently?

Put in an order for front and rear spoiler hardware last week.. this is what came back:

Still hoping it's just the "blocked from US order" thing. Levent was looking into it.
                              Oh man, no, I have not placed an order for them yet. Maybe the ECS 25 pack is our only option? Old city bimmer, did you order yours recently? I have a connection at BMW of Morristown. Let me shoot him an email.

In other (good) news, my new Euro front and rear bumpers are shipping out from ECS this morning. I think I ordered them back in December.

Mr. Wolfe
                              Last edited by Mr. Wolfe; 03-28-2016, 07:53 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

The ECS chrome bits are made by Polcar and are very good quality - better than my OEM rechromed bumpers, which were sandblasted. The rechrome job was beyond pathetic and crazy expensive. Rest of the kit was all OEM BMW bits.

I actually bought an ECS front bumper kit to get all the parts and be backup for my OEM ones. glad I did it. I'm putting the front Polcar on and using repro rears that were made in Italy.

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X