Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30/S62 swap "kit"

E30/S62 swap "kit"
    Absolutely everything you need to accomplish the most incredible imaginable e30 engine swap.

I am not going to pull the drivetrain from the car; it would be best if the buyer purchased the shell with the drivetrain installed so they can see how it should be done, rather than receiving a giant collection of parts. All swap parts have approximately 400 (yes, 400) miles on them. Also, shell has good usable parts. I have a folder of receipts for about $20,000 in parts that are on this car.
    Here is what is included:
    2001 M5 S62 engine with 98K. Resealed top to bottom prior to install. Needs an oil pan (punctured in accident but was not run without oil)
    New power steering pump (needs a pulley)
    New water pump
    New Alternator/Voltage Regulator
    Garagistic M/S6x swap kit engine mounts
    Garagistic M/S6x swap kit exhaust manifolds
    Garagistic boosterless brake setup (with Wilwood pedals/MC/reservoirs)
    Factory M5 gas pedal modified to fit e30 chassis
    Custom Plug and play ECU from Ergen Motorsports. Removes security ignition lock, removes requirement for MAFs, removes requirement for O2 sensors after cat. Also adds ~25HP but I didn't get a chance to dyno it. This ECU was $2500 alone.
    Full custom stainless exhaust with switched electric cutout (sounds completely insane)
    Non-airbag steering shaft with modified steering knuckle to clear manifold, Momo hub
    Custom lightweight flywheel, HD clutch setup from UUC (this setup was over $1800)
    5spd Getrag G226 modified for S62 timing pickup (this solution from an e34 530i is considerably lighter (~30 lbs) than the e39 M5's 6 spd)
    Modified shift linkage with UUC SSK. Excellent feel and positive shift action.
    New guibo & CSB
    Garagistic custom built driveshaft ($500)
    2.93 LSD with Garagistic secondary mount and finned Z3M diff cover
    CATuned HD axles to handle extra power
    Adjustable rear subframe
    Reinforced trailing arms
    TLDR
    I had this swap completed professionally over the course of 2 years, to the highest standard, by KD Motorsports in Redmond WA. No corners were cut. Then I drove it for 2 1/2 months very conservatively in the rain. The first sunny day (March 6th), I went out and had a blast driving around for a bit, and got a chance to do a full acceleration run on an onramp feeding into a long straight (148th Ave N to 520W). It was insane: You had to feather the throttle not to get wheelspin, even from 3rd to 4th. 5th gear, it was still pulling like it used to in 3rd when I had an s52 under the hood. I was laughing out loud at the ludicrous power: at 140 I was thinking "Damn! This thing could probably do 175!" then decided it best to slow down a bit. Brakes were unboosted so required a hard push to slow the car. Tires were 6 yr old, bald all seasons. The rears locked and the car went completely sideways. Fortunately there was no traffic so I had both lanes to try and collect it. And I almost did. But not quite. I slid sideways on full opposite lock for a very long way but finally the rear came around a bit too far and there was no saving it. I hit the right side jersey barrier on the left front corner just ahead of the front wheel and spun and hit the left rear before sliding out to the middle. I drove it to the side and got out, collected the parts from the highway, and called a tow truck. The car is a total.

What's on the shell that may or may not be useful to you (but is included with drivetrain):
    -new (200 miles) stock brakes
    -Bilsteins and H&R sport springs
    -HD fuel pumps (2) with dual pickups in tank
    -windows etc

Price: $6,000 for the full kit, to have 400NA horsepower in a 2600lb car. Better power to weight than almost anything on the road.

For sale separately:
    -Full black interior, good condition, $750 (sport seats, rear seat, door panels, back panels, center console with cupholders & leather shift/ebrake boots, parcel shelf, carpet, floor mats)
    -Perfect flawless dash $200
    -VDO Instrument cluster (154K showing) $50
    -Stereo including Kenwood HU, 5ch JL Audio Amp, 10" Lukebox (with custom power/ground/speaker plugs to remove for track days), factory front and rear component speakers, all wiring, $500
    -Euroweaves with ancient, bald, flatspotted Falken radials. 2 straight, 2 damaged. Includes 4 centercaps $350

OR, take the whole thing for $7250. The only thing I am keeping is the steering wheel.

Pictures to follow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pipes; 06-15-2017, 01:44 PM. Reason: add pics
    1991 349is (wadded up)
    1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
    2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
    1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
    1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
    2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Damn dude. I am so sorry.

I already have my m6x v8s, so if you find a buyer for just the s62 I'd be interested in all of the v8 swap parts.

This is devastating.

Hank
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

I am crushed. I'm a founder at a startup and we're struggling, it had been a long winter, and I was just so pumped to get out and rip around, relieve some stress. The noise alone was almost worth the price. I had not yet dialed in the brakes like Kevin suggested (it had a bias valve to adjust to the lack of boost, as well as a balance rod in the pedal cluster). Fortunately I didn't collect anybody else and I walked away.
      And of course there was a huge battle with the insurance company, who originally wanted to pay out $2300. I had to go to arbitration and they paid me $10,500 in the end. Which is a hit of about $35k. Note to self: Agreed Value Policy.
      1991 349is (wadded up)
      1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
      1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

Pmd

Comment

Damn it...So sorry for your loss, Pipes. But I am glad you can walk away from this.

I shouldnt even be looking at this..but i am definitely interested...
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

One caveat: anyone who buys this and completes the install has to give me first refusal if they ever want to sell. It's insane.
            1991 349is (wadded up)
            1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
            1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

How fast is was this monster?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

More pics...

Attached Files
                1991 349is (wadded up)
                1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

fuuuuuuck....trying to work out logistics
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Here's a short thread (not a build thread) that shows the "before" the crash...

2800 lbs, 425 hp puts it at the power to weight ratio of a 2017 911 Turbo. It was fast.
                    1991 349is (wadded up)
                    1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                    1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

Damn, this sucks. Honestly though, from the photos at least, I think the body could be repaired, if I had the money I'd definitely pick it up.

Get a new fender, straighten the fender rail, new core support, that rear damage will be easy because you hammer from the inside of the trunk. If it didn't move the strut it should be easy, and once you add a strut bar for more rigidity...

And the swap and interior definitely look worth saving!

Comment

A body guy looked at it and said "I can fix it" but it needs a new nose and then you're left with a salvage title. You're better off finding a good roller and swapping over everything. Whatever e30 it goes into should have big brakes, good suspension, and big fresh tires.
                        1991 349is (wadded up)
                        1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                        1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

Sold. Jesus that was fast.
                          1991 349is (wadded up)
                          1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                          1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)

Comment

sports seats went with the sale?
                            Originally posted by nervousmini
                            Break My Wallet
                            Bring My Wallet
                            Bring Money With

and the M cars are a multiplier

regular repair Money * 3 = M3
                            regular repair Money * 5 = M5
                            regular repair Money * 6 = M6

Comment

If the deal falls apart, I'll give you 8k.

Comment

Working...
                              X