SI Lights Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI Lights Not Working

The service indicator light has never worked since I have bought the car. Was thinking the battery but everything else is working properly. Could it be the wiring for the 24v swap (the service light reset)? Any ideas??

Found the issue, the lights are missing in there.

Comment

My first cluster also had the lights missing, I wonder if that was an official thing? I have a hard time believing someone got so annoyed at them that they pulled the cluster and removed them.
      '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
      '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
      '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Semblance View Post
        My first cluster also had the lights missing, I wonder if that was an official thing? I have a hard time believing someone got so annoyed at them that they pulled the cluster and removed them.
        Yet, that's exactly what has happened. Out of sight, out of mind. Removing the light board isn't hard and better than putting electrical tape over the outside.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Not sure why people would remove it. It's not hard to reset them.

Installed the SI led unit and it seems to be working. I just don't remember if the led are suppose to be lit after the engine is on? My unit is in when the ignition is ON and goes alway after I start.

Comment

People remove them because when the SI board fails, the inspection or oil reset light remains on when the ignition is off. This leads to a current draw on the starting battery of the car (dead battery)
            Owner - Bavarian Restoration
            BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
            www.BavRest.com
            My Feedback Thread
            Our Facebook!
            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

That could be it as well. Not sure why mine was removed. Worked as it should.

Comment

Originally posted by keada714 View Post
                Not sure why people would remove it. It's not hard to reset them.

Installed the SI led unit and it seems to be working. I just don't remember if the led are suppose to be lit after the engine is on? My unit is in when the ignition is ON and goes alway after I start.
                That's how it's supposed to work. But when they get down to yellow and red, they stay on the whole time the car is on.

My check engine light and brake lining light have been removed. I figured someone did that when they "fixed" the odometer

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
                X