No announcement yet.

Worst. President. Ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoover, grant, and harding had shitty presidencies.
    I love the hoover flags

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
      Wilson was a racist bastard.
      Yeah I suppose he was pretty damn shitty. I don't know about worst ever though. I think Buchanan was probably the worst.

Comment

I would have to agree on the Wilson comment for a few reasons:

Federal Reserve Act
        Federal Trade Commission
        Revenue Act of 1913

In effect he pursuaded congress to create the 'professional', bureaucratic, and central 'big' government that we all know and love today by creating a revinue source for the Federal government and all the bureaus created hence. No Revenue act and no 16th Ammendment = no big government.

That and he was a racist bastard who not-so-subtlely stocked the Gov't with anti-civil-rights southern politicians.

On the other-hand his largely isolationist foreign policies kept us out of the Great War until the very end, caving to domestic rather than international pressure. That is a lesson I think we still need to wrap our minds around...

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post

On the other-hand his largely isolationist foreign policies kept us out of the Great War until the very end, caving not to domestic rather than international pressure. That is a lesson I think we still need to wrap our minds around...
          Not to mention he was better at picking his head military general than Lincoln or Truman.
          "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by RainierHooker View Post
            On the other-hand his largely isolationist foreign policies kept us out of the Great War until the very end, caving to domestic rather than international pressure. That is a lesson I think we still need to wrap our minds around...
            Which is what I initially thought of when he mentioned Wilson. His 14 points were key to Germany's surrender and the Treaty of Versailles. He is also responsible for creating the League of Nations which was the precursor to the UN.

Comment

league of nations was not his brightest. Totally against what this country was founded on.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                Which is what I initially thought of when he mentioned Wilson. His 14 points were key to Germany's armistice and the Treaty of Versailles. He is also responsible for creating the League of Nations which was the precursor to the UN.
                Fixed. And France's compulsion to ignore the 14 points, and the fact that an armistice does not equal surrender caused (and has continued to cause) untold amounts of strife...

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                league of nations was not his brightest. Totally against what this country was founded on.
                Couldn't agree more. I'm pretty sure there is something about the treaty-making power of congress in the constitution somewhere...

...oh, and from the mouth of someone who has worked with the ultra corrupt and self-stroking UN, fuck them

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Haha how was Wilson the worst President ever? Do you know ANYTHING?
                  I know quite a lot, and it obvious you dont, Hooker hit just a few of the high points

Yeah League of Nations = Not cool, toothless organization, that could not enforce shit. Lead the debockel now know as the UN that is trying to impose its will and worldly views via backdoor treaties on you and me and every one else here in the US.

His punishment of the german people created much resentment and was one of the largest driving factors that lead to WWII

should I continue
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    His punishment of the german people created much resentment and was one of the largest driving factors that lead to WWII
                    Resentment was more so aimed at France which was unwilling to negotiate after the armistice.

Comment

Resentment was more so aimed at France which was unwilling to negotiate after the armistice.
                      DUUURRRRRRR

It was Wilson that told them that if you dont sign the treaty, (paraphrased ) then guess what well will go back to kicking your ass till we have annexed everything and there is nothing left of Germany. Wilson is the one who wanted all extremely harsh penalties levied on the German people, in the from of Reparations and sanctions.

NOT the French, but yes you are correct, that because the french would not play ball there was much resentment aimed at them in the years between the wars.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I'm no fan of Obama....never supported him, didn't vote for him either. However, in his defense, he isn't solely responsible for the economic calamity we are in now. The slide actually began during Bush 43's last year in office and it just snowballed, so Obama's policies cannot be blamed for everything we are experiencing now....although I personally feel he policies are going to prolong our economic downturn, not help us to the road to recovery anytime soon.

As for him being the worst president ever? Nope - not even close (at least as of now, barely 1.5 years into his first term). That esteemed title in modern US Presidency has to go to Jimmy Carter. During the 1970s, an economic indicator called the "misery index" was developed by an economist named Authur Okun; it took the unemployment rate and added it to the rate of inflation to get the 'misery index' number which was cited as a percentage. Listed below are the start/end/swing figures for the last five administrations plus the latest figures for Obama.....

Carter [1977-1980]: 12.72 / 19.72 / +7

Reagan [1981-1988]: 19.99 / 9.72 / -10.27

Bush 41 [1989-1992]: 10.07 / 10.30 / +0.23

Clinton [1993-2000]: 10.56 / 7.29 / -3.27

Bush 43 [2001-2008]: 7.93 / 7.29 / -0.64

Obama [2009-]: 7.63 / 12.72 (Dec '09) / +5.09

Cited from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_index_(economics)

Jon
                        Rides...
                        1991 325i - sold :(
                        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

well there you have it

Comment

Working...
                          X