2 Sizes of V-Belt for AC Compressor"What Size"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Sizes of V-Belt for AC Compressor"What Size"

Hey Ya'll...Well i'm in the process of ordering some parts for a 1988 325iC to do timing and valves hard to get parts so i have to order online...
    So my question is..
    There are 2 sizes of V-Belts for the AC compressor,which one do i get there not much for comparison...Brand Contitech

1. w/13 x 810 the other size is..14.99

2. w/12.50 x 823 ....9.99

Doesn't seem like there's not much of a difference and I'm assuming that in mm..
    thanks in advance....
    sigpic

If your existing belt isn't older than Moses, often you can read size
    information off of it.

Otherwise, do what I do, order both, use one, and then forget to return the other,
    eventually forget what it was even for, and hang it up on the wall with all the others
    that every so often, get me out of a bind, but usually just sit there and mock me
    that I have hundreds of dollars of spare parts and I don't even know what they're for...

hee

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

:):):)
      Kinda hard to see if they're in the engine so tight in there.I don't have the privilege of going up the street and sizing it up buying one i have to buy on line so I'll get both to put it with my collection...

hey you wouldn't know if my cars water pump come with 2 inlets or 1 buying a whole bunch of stuff and i want to make sure i get the right one and it's hard to see went the water pumps in the car.So 1 or 2 inlets..I do see a metal pipe that seems close to the fan that goes to the other side..
      1988 325i 2.5 convertible.
      thanks in advance..
      sigpic

Comment

Get the 823mm belt, it's going to be a tight fit even at that size.
        As for the water pump, the coolant reservoir will give it away. New style pumps(1 hose) are used with the reservoir behind the headlight. Old style pumps(2 hose) are used with the reservoir that sits above the exhaust manifold.

Comment

Thanks Uturn will put the 823 in the shopping cart as for the Water pump yes the reservoir in behind the headlight so 1 inlet is in the cart to..
          So is Graf a good water pump...

EDIT: any body have the part numbers for those 2 small hoses the connect to the tube i have this one in the cart..i think it the lower one..

now i need the one on the driver side..
          Last edited by rustneversleeps; 04-01-2017, 08:51 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Hey Uturn thanks for the info been browsing it for like 6 hrs now.:thankyou:
              Some of the stock number that i punch in on the online parts store come up as an alternative for some of the hoses and are slightly different...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X