No announcement yet.

Bugout/Disaster Prep. Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After going through Liquidity's post history..Parsed is right. He is a troll and wastes everyone's time.
    Can we ban Liquidity?
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
      so I'll continue to consider you a troll.
      People would have to take you seriously for that to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
        You gotta love people talking about bringing their cars with them or being able to support multiple families for "quite some time" in some shelter. Nuclear fall-out lasts for decades people, not weeks. Your little bomb shelters are nothing but large coffins. The people will only "thank you" for the first couple days til they realize you're fucking retarded and sealed their fate.

Learn to hunt and trap without firearms and to be a man of the wilderness. That's your only true escape from this if you really take this shit seriously.
        LOL if current world events scare you I couldn't imagine what you woulda done in 1962. Stop listening to NPR dude.
        Try reading the first post and what I quoted. Unless you somehow think "world events" means some terrorists are somehow gonna be able to overthrow our country, the only possible scenario that anyone would have to go to the extreme of living in a shelter is nuclear war.

I was gonna say all you have to do is put two and two together but I forgot people in AZ can't do math.
        Likewise. Seriously get out of this thread. Your input still remains to be completely void of the conversation as most of your posts have been.

Comment

Honestly, I am surprised you have lasted this long. Props.
          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
          (Daily Driver)
          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
          KW V2 Coilovers
          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
            Can we ban Liquidity?
            Someone start a poll.

Comment

Just a bit of commentary... I have lived in AZ for 12 years of my life, and although I don't live there now, I haven't seen that level of pawn/prep/survival/doomsday/weapon stores anywhere else in the country. Arizona has everywhere beat by several orders of magnitude when it comes to this stuff. I'm not trolling, it's just something I noticed and I'm curious why.

I work for an airline so I get to see a broad range of places...

Comment

Because we're stuck in the worst place possible. In the middle of the desert, in a basin. Phoenix is monstrous, we are funneled in by canyons going North and East. To our west and south is nothing but straight desert. We have some areas that are habitable, but for the most part it is a non sustainable area for humans to live now. During the summer it is deathly hot 105+ during mid day.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  Someone start a poll.
                  Please do.:hitler:

Comment

Because we're stuck in the worst place possible. In the middle of the desert, in a basin. Phoenix is monstrous, we are funneled in by canyons going North and East. To our west and south is nothing but straight desert. We have some areas that are habitable, but for the most part it is a non sustainable area for humans to live now. During the summer it is deathly hot 105+ during mid day.
                    That may have an impact, but I think it's due to our proximity to Utah/Idaho and the Mormon culture. They are raised to prep and we have a lot of Mormons in AZ. We also have a lot of conservatives that are generally open and interested in camping, ORVing and shooting.

Comment

I honestly don't think that's it. It wasn't like this back in the 90's the first time I lived there... Even the more hospitable parts have lots of stores geared toward this type of thing. I was recently in the Prescott area, and they're all over.

The Mormon thing might be a factor. I'm leaning more toward the general political climate in that area.

Also, if it's the worst place possible, you should consider moving. :D

Comment

It's because people continue to become more radicalized in their beliefs.

And there has been a proliferation of media that is out there to confirm their pre-existing notions, or shape them.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

It's a frontier mentality, coupled with the number of like minded people. Groupthink breaks out and you get peoples' thoughts creeping toward worrying about zombie Mexican invasions. Disaster prep is necessary and makes sense, but when you start talking about doomsday and the breakdown of civil order, you also invite tin-hat comments.

It's kind of cute though.
                          2011 1M Alpine white/black
                          1996 Civic white/black
                          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                            It's a frontier mentality, coupled with the number of like minded people. Groupthink breaks out and you get peoples' thoughts creeping toward worrying about zombie Mexican invasions. Disaster prep is necessary and makes sense, but when you start talking about doomsday and the breakdown of civil order, you also invite tin-hat comments.

It's kind of cute though.
                            ...and those who choose to criticize others for their beliefs invite comments about how they are a pathetic individual who only gets joy from knocking others down. True sign of an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                              ...and those who choose to criticize others for their beliefs invite comments about how they are a pathetic individual who only gets joy from knocking others down. True sign of an asshole.
                              You sound like a whiny bitch, you know that right?
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I find it interesting how most OTL threads eventually devolve into the same people slinging shit at each other

Comment

Working...
                                X