Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
    What did you order out of curiosity?
    I dont know if this was directed at me or not. I ordered a suede headliner and suede shift boots so I knew these weren't going to be on the shelf items. My frustration began when the original quoted time frame for these items to arrive came and went and then my emails weren't being responded too over the course of several weeks.

All is well for now and I got a reasonable response. Thank you to those that helped me out on that. Hopefully I will see the products soon. I certainly wasn't intending this thread to turn into a place to complain about CATuned.
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

I ordered a TPS for my E30, it shipped out next day (which was good), ontrac lost it, I was then told the refund would post in 2-3 which is understandable, Another week passed and nothing, so I contacted them again about my refund and it posted immediately through paypal. So not only did they lie about the refund taking a couple days to post, just because they never initated the refund to begin with. After that time I'll never buy anything from them again. My money and part was in limbo for 18 days, no thanks.

Comment

well this was my experience with Catuned.

ordered their anti sway bar kit for e30 and was informed that it will take 3 weeks and they will be drop shipped, well 3 weeks came and went. few days later called up and got a response saying that they will look into it and they will call me back in a few days, few days turned into weeks. called them again and asked for a ETA on parts and again got a we will look into it and will get back to you.

well after countless times to be patient and understanding my conclusion is their customer service is plain non existent or not as important as most others point out their instagram updates.

mind you we live only 1hr away from them and could have picked up items which we have and seems like we go to the shop no one is there , you can easily walk in and help yourself since they seem to always be in the "backroom" or whatever you would call it as i think the entrance to the shop is the backroom but the door has always been open when I been there, its a shame really as they have a ton of car projects in the shop but seems like no one is home.

communication is all we expected and they dropped the ball several times so we were left with no choice but to cancel original order and request a refund thru paypal, thought that would be done but it got better as they had informed us that they had already processed the refund thru paypal which paypal had informed us that they did not, this took another 3-4 weeks!

back and forth saying they have it on there side they show that they had processed it but again paypal had informed us that they have not processed anything thru them so as the world turns we were left with no choice but to file a claim, again taking up more time to process that. Paypal had informed us most businesses will do the stall tactics just to buy them time, so now you know where your money goes to when your order is put on hold- their SEMA builds, man such a shame I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

better off buying stuff on eBay and other vendors like VAC, Ireland engineering, Turner as they at least email or call you to let you know of your order status.

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
          I certainly wasn't intending this thread to turn into a place to complain about CATuned.
          Guys please read the thread a little. If you want to talk about your experience with CAtuned we have a transaction feedback section dedicated to just that!

-NICK

Comment

As a public forum, it is encouraged to share your knowledge and opinions, in an effort to protect 'the group' from inevitable headaches. This is one of those times.

We all have CaTuned stories. We've all heard CaTuned stories. This thread, while on a gnarly tangent from the original inquiry, does hold weight to the general e30 community.

I will not direct sales to CaTuned. They've screwed me, they've screwed my good friends, and they've even screwed family. And the best part? The best part is their responses as to why they are unable to deliver on their own promises. The blame gets passed around more times than your typical instagram model at Burning Man.

This isn't slander to Catuned, this is education.
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

I'm on the opposite side of the country, and I wouldn't go near them just from the bits I've picked up from scrolling these pages over the years.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

BeirBrennerE30 - were you the one with the super sweet bronzit Mtech2 sedan that got t-boned? Or am I thinking of somebody else? It's been a hell of a long time since I've seen you on here..

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                Hmmm.... I was thinking about purchasing a rebuilt transmission from them sometime in the future.... I've gotten a few things from them and everything went okay
                IMO, you could do better. drive-gear.com specializes in rebuilt transmissions for SpecE30 cars. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  BeirBrennerE30 - were you the one with the super sweet bronzit Mtech2 sedan that got t-boned? Or am I thinking of somebody else? It's been a hell of a long time since I've seen you on here..
                  It has been a long time since I was a consistent poster but I still lurk from time to time. I have an '86 325es that at the time I posted more was swapped to an s52 in '02ish with an e46 M3 6-speed. e30sport.net days. That car is now Mtech-1 with a s54. Never been tboned.
                  e30sport.net

Comment

could have been a rumor. Jeeze, you must have been one of the first handful of people with an S52 swap..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                      Why are you so angry?
                      You have to admit, it was kind of funny.

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
                      Renown pulled this kinda shit with me earlier this year.
                      Renown is a 1-man operation so it's almost expected to hold your breath when ordering something from a super small time business like that.

I dont know if this was directed at me or not. I ordered a suede headliner and suede shift boots so I knew these weren't going to be on the shelf items. My frustration began when the original quoted time frame for these items to arrive came and went and then my emails weren't being responded too over the course of several weeks.

All is well for now and I got a reasonable response. Thank you to those that helped me out on that. Hopefully I will see the products soon. I certainly wasn't intending this thread to turn into a place to complain about CATuned.
                      If it doesn't work out, I can make you a suede headliner. I've made around 5 for people on this forum already and made one for Jordan's red Mtech restoration car that he sold a bit ago if you've seen it.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post

If it doesn't work out, I can make you a suede headliner. I've made around 5 for people on this forum already and made one for Jordan's red Mtech restoration car that he sold a bit ago if you've seen it.
                        **LIKED**

ak-47 does all of my interior work, and has helped out a handful of other r3v members with their projects. He does great work.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          could have been a rumor. Jeeze, you must have been one of the first handful of people with an S52 swap..
                          There was another guy c///m with a bronzit s52 mtech2 that swapped it around the same time as me... not sure what happened to him. I am kinda outta the loop.
                          e30sport.net

Comment

There was another guy c///m with a bronzit s52 mtech2 that swapped it around the same time as me... not sure what happened to him. I am kinda outta the loop.
                            Yep - I think that's the one Nando was thinking of, that car was totaled.
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                              You have to admit, it was kind of funny.
                              everyone always thinks i'm angry. no dude, i just have thick skin and opinions about shit. *shrug*
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

It's the pterodactyl. It's scary. Put a cut set of tits as your avatar and no one will think you're angry.

Edit: like these http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1469073/great-tits.jpg
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X