No announcement yet.

is this a stupid move to do to an E30 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I literally just got back from the Junk yard about 2 hours ago and picked up a manual transmission, along with every needed to do the swap (Just need the pedal assembly now, going back tomorrow) I'm in it for $380 as of today's parts run and still need the clutch master and slave cylinder, I'd like to put in new parts.

I'd say its worth it because manual is more sought after, and there for you'll get more money for the car in the end.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      I literally just got back from the Junk yard about 2 hours ago and picked up a manual transmission, along with every needed to do the swap (Just need the pedal assembly now, going back tomorrow) I'm in it for $380 as of today's parts run and still need the clutch master and slave cylinder, I'd like to put in new parts.

I'd say its worth it because manual is more sought after, and there for you'll get more money for the car in the end.
      Pics!?

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        Hopefully more people will adopt this outlook so the value of the ones that haven't had dumb shit done to them keeps going up.
        Did you take an extra Centrum Silver today? You seem extra spry today gramps.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
          Did you take an extra Centrum Silver today? You seem extra spry today gramps.
          just wait until your balls drop. you'll get it then. :p
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            just wait until your balls drop. you'll get it then. :p
            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
            Originally posted by mbonanni
            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Ditch the auto. I did the same thing when I bought my e30 and it was a 26,000 mile 1st owner car when I did it.
              sigpic

Comment

I had the same gamble. BUt mine was already a manual, but i ended up fixing the m20, everything new. the way it drove and ran was amazing. That m20 valve tick.
                But i do regret it. I ended up spending about 2000 roughly on getting the engine running perfect, but at the end of the day i wanted something more.
                So if your fine with how ever the car drives right now with the m20, then keep it. But if you think you will want more from your car, then yes swap it!
                m52 turbo? s50/s52? those are always fun.
                And get rid of that auto trans... asap! lol
                good luck and nice find!
                sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

how is this thread still going? OP's car isn't rare or outrageously nice to the point where it has any really collectible value beyond any other e30.

OP, if you want your car to be a manual, swap it. If you want it to stay automatic, leave it.

/thread.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
                  X