Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

I'm on HR Sports and Billy HDs, 4x100

What tire size on 17x8 OZ Supertourismo WRC wheels ET 40 with 15 mm spacers

Thanks

Comment

15x7 euroweave

Any ideas on what size spacer I can run on theses ? Just want to get the wheels as close to flush without scrubbing, car has rolled guards and will be on coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayzrb View Post
        Hey man,

I'm fairly new on this. I'm pretty sure what iam about to ask has

Already been answered. But there's like 600 odd pages in this topic. Lol

I've bought some 17x9 et20 4x100.

Rear fenders have been rolled.

I knw they will fit. What tyres can I put on the rear and the front.

Was thinking 235 or 245 on the rear and maybe 225 on the front.

I dnt mind using spacers .

You can fit 235/40 in front using a 17x8, not sure about 9".

You can also fit 245/40 in rear, but you'll likely have to pull the fender lip out. 235s fit in the rear no problem. Only run spacers if your wheels don't clear the strut/shock.

Comment

I have an 89 325i sedan. It is running H&R Springs and Konis. I previously asked about a 15" wheel setup but a deal opposed up locally for a set of 16" that I picked up on a whim.

They are Privat Remember 16X7 +20. They have 205/50/16 all seasons currently mounted. I'm noticing some rubbing but it is not over bumps it only rubs slightly during high turning angles, like almost full lock. It's really only noticeable during parking lot maneuvering. I looked and the rubbing appears to be on the front of the inner fender, like where the brake duct comes through. Is this due to the fact that it is a 16" wheel with a 50 profile tire? I know a lot of the 15" wheels I had looked at where running the a 50 profile so I would have thought the 16" would need a 45. I am wondering if going to the smaller profile would help eliminate the slight rub under hard turning angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickniner View Post
            I have an 89 325i sedan. It is running H&R Springs and Konis. I previously asked about a 15" wheel setup but a deal opposed up locally for a set of 16" that I picked up on a whim.

They are Privat Remember 16X7 +20. They have 205/50/16 all seasons currently mounted. I'm noticing some rubbing but it is not over bumps it only rubs slightly during high turning angles, like almost full lock. It's really only noticeable during parking lot maneuvering. I looked and the rubbing appears to be on the front of the inner fender, like where the brake duct comes through. Is this due to the fact that it is a 16" wheel with a 50 profile tire? I know a lot of the 15" wheels I had looked at where running the a 50 profile so I would have thought the 16" would need a 45. I am wondering if going to the smaller profile would help eliminate the slight rub under hard turning angles.

If it's rubbing frame rail in front of the subframe, use a spacer.

If it's rubbing on the front plastic fender liner that holds the brake duct there's not much you can do. I used to have a vert that did this. It would rub on the fender liner during u-turns. A possible solution would be to push the plastic trim forward and reattach using a newly drilled hole. It wasn't causing damage to the tire on mine so I just left it.

Comment

Ok new question. I have E38 Style 5 wheels, 16x8 with 23 offset square 5x120.

I am putting on the five lug setup designed by rogineer and the front puts E36 hubs which adds about 12mm to the front track, which basically puts me at a 23 offset if i did my math right.

The rear will have the E30 M3 hubs which I guess pushes the track out 6mm.

What's the widest wheel I can fit, I dont mind rolling the fenders but I dont want to do any mods other then that.

The suspension will be Bilstien with HR Sports.

The car is a 1991 325is. I asked this before but it was with different 17" rims.
              Last edited by Staszek; 01-23-2017, 10:30 PM.
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                Ok new question. I have E38 Style 5 wheels, 16x7 with 23 offset square 5x120.

I am putting on the five lug setup designed by rogineer and the front puts E36 hubs which adds about 12mm to the front track, which basically puts me at a 23 offset if i did my math right.

The rear will have the E30 M3 hubs which I guess pushes the track out 6mm.

What's the widest wheel I can fit, I dont mind rolling the fenders but I dont want to do any mods other then that.

The suspension will be Bilstien with HR Sports.

The car is a 1991 325is. I asked this before but it was with different 17" rims.

I have the same 5x120 setup. I think my front sleeves are -10mm.
                I'm currently running 16x8.5 et13 front & 16x9.5 et19 rear. It's just about the widest possible, wheels already poke 10mm front & rear. Requires stretched tires

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                  I have the same 5x120 setup. I think my front sleeves are -10mm.
                  I'm currently running 16x8.5 et13 front & 16x9.5 et19 rear. It's just about the widest possible, wheels already poke 10mm front & rear. Requires stretched tires
                  What size tires are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    What size tires are you running?

205/45 16 Front, but it's a federal tire and they run wider than normal. 205/40 was a much better fit.

215/40 rear. Perfect fit.

Comment

How about 18" alpinas on the same 5-lug setup? How wide of a rim/tire can you run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sklbase View Post
                        How about 18" alpinas on the same 5-lug setup? How wide of a rim/tire can you run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What width? I think you'd be limited to 235 at the lowest profile possible. You'd run into issues with the wheel touching the fender/subframe at high steering angle. You could probably fit an 18x8 with 235 square

Comment

If it's rubbing frame rail in front of the subframe, use a spacer.

If it's rubbing on the front plastic fender liner that holds the brake duct there's not much you can do. I used to have a vert that did this. It would rub on the fender liner during u-turns. A possible solution would be to push the plastic trim forward and reattach using a newly drilled hole. It wasn't causing damage to the tire on mine so I just left it.
                          That's pretty much the exact situation I am having. I will probably try and mess around with the front of the fender liner and see what I can manage. I don't need new tires yet but when I get around to that would going to a smaller profile from 50 to 45 fix it. From the sizing calculators I looked at it would reduce the diameter. I know the speedo would be off if I did that but it isn't super accurate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickniner View Post
                            That's pretty much the exact situation I am having. I will probably try and mess around with the front of the fender liner and see what I can manage. I don't need new tires yet but when I get around to that would going to a smaller profile from 50 to 45 fix it. From the sizing calculators I looked at it would reduce the diameter. I know the speedo would be off if I did that but it isn't super accurate anyway.

Yeah for sure run lower profile. You'll have more NVH but who cares about that anyway :) we don't drive mercs

Comment

205/45 16 Front, but it's a federal tire and they run wider than normal. 205/40 was a much better fit.

215/40 rear. Perfect fit.
                              Im trying to squeeze in 225/45 R16s in there

Comment

16x7 with et38
                                Tires are 225/45
                                I know I'll need to run some spacers, the car is lowered so I'm torn between 10.5mm and 7mm

Any thoughts?
                                WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                                Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                                92 525it 5 speed.
                                80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Working...
                                X