No announcement yet.

The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really enjoying the Grand Tour now, I don't know if its actually gotten better or if my expectations came down to a reasonable level. I know before I was expecting the perfect car show now that the BBC was out, but looking back on it that was stupid to assume.

However I really don't like Mike Skinner (as mentioned before) actually I don't like the whole "lap time" segment anymore. Its less of a informative car show and more of just 3 friends screwing around in cars. Let the Grand Tour be the entertaining car show and let new Top Gear be the actually informative car show.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

The show has definitely gotten more lucid and free flowing compared to the first few episodes. I'm having a good time with everything. Love that they got rid of the celebrity part.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I stopped watching after the third episode or so. A couple months ago I picked up another car, and in doing research on the marque, I stumbled into these early Clarkson videos.

He was a funnier, less offensive guy back then. Check out that hair! And I have that same leather jacket, too, that I wore in the early '90's. Seems like 20 years of steaks, beer, and cigarettes have taken their toll on the guy. I think I would be a fan of the first few seasons of the old show if they were more like this small sample.

'91 325i

Comment

Oh, it's you again.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
            Oh, it's you again.
            That's right. It's an open forum, and I'm expressing my opinion about a public show. Not criticizing others' opinions about the show. Do you understand the difference?
            '91 325i

Comment

I'm well aware of the difference, just as I'm acutely aware of the point you've made about your distaste for TGT in this thread ad nauseam.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I had what I thought was an insightful, well-worded reply about the nature of aging and success and how it affects your self-perception and behavior towards others, but decided it's not worth it. Carry on.
                Last edited by Nader393; 01-24-2017, 10:59 AM.
                '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  Im gonna hope you meant Chriss Harris, Evans cant drive lul.
                  Since Clarkson is such a BMW fan, they should have Bill Auberlen drive. Although the American can be kind of funny, like when he described the Alfa as a BMW for people who are into fancy coffee.
                  sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                    Since Clarkson is such a BMW fan, they should have Bill Auberlen drive. Although the American can be kind of funny, like when he described the Alfa as a BMW for people who are into fancy coffee.
                    I'm watching the latest episode right now and I realized its not Mike Skinner that I hate, its the scripted lines. Just let him talk to us and maybe throw in a "funny" line hear or there. I would like to hear an actually review from a driver now that the "stig" is no longer a faceless man. Also there are plenty of great American drivers out there. I would have loved to see Robby Gordon, Jeff Gordon, or Tony Stewart as the driver. Maybe even a driver with a name like Graham Rahal or Marco Andretti. However I'm sure there is a reason they went with Skinner.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

...still waiting for them to do some challenges with Volvo 200 and 700 series cars

Too many common quirky old cars are not being represented enough.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        ...still waiting for them to do some challenges with Volvo 200 and 700 series cars

Too many common quirky old cars are not being represented enough.
                        Or the 300 series we didn't get here. I'm waiting for the "special" of the series where they try to cross the continent in three old ass cars. Though I liked the old maseratis of two episodes ago. And I liked their "grand tour" in episode three (even hammond's car)

The American is playing a part.. which I think is a play on europe's general feeling of americans. It's hilarious. I wish the shit he said was more offensive.

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
                        He was a funnier, less offensive guy back then.
                        I saw an interview with him one time where they were talking about his beginnings with top gear back in the late 80's and the interviewer asked him about his accent at the time, and Clarkson said he put on that accent because he thought he had to seem "proper" at the bbc. I applaud him for going back to his roots and not being too british about it. IE not being too concerned about what his corporate bosses (those who are disconnected with the show and its environment) think.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Kinda sad GT is over. I was really starting to enjoy it as the season progressed. Though I am also kinda excited for this next season of TG. I think the new presenters show promise and imo it'll be worth it just to get to see Chris Harris drive/review some wild machines.
                          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                            Kinda sad GT is over. I was really starting to enjoy it as the season progressed. Though I am also kinda excited for this next season of TG. I think the new presenters show promise and imo it'll be worth it just to get to see Chris Harris drive/review some wild machines.
                            New TG season starts Sunday, 3/12! Can't wait
                            R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

The show just wasn't exciting enough for me. I'm ready for the new TG I think it will be much better than last season
                              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                              COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                                The show just wasn't exciting enough for me. I'm ready for the new TG I think it will be much better than last season
                                I still haven't watched the last few episodes of GT. I know I've said this a few times now, but TG had gotten stale, and I was hoping they would come up with something new for GT, but they didn't. It had some decent moments, but overall, it felt too scripted and contrived, and the "ambitious but rubbish" bit is old. You can only watch someone deliberately fail so many times before you get tired of it, and they've been going at it for about 15 years now. Most shows are good for 10 years, tops. Time for something new.

Seeing as the TG test track is going to be a housing development (from what I've heard), I'm guessing TG is going to see some major changes. I'm hoping Christ Harris is the lead host, should be pretty good if he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X