Stock 16" M5 Weaves Fit the E34 BBK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock 16" M5 Weaves Fit the E34 BBK!

Just wanted to create a thread with a definitive answer on the E34 BBK fitting stock 16" M5 weaves.

Our customer was concerned that his 16" spare wouldn't fit over the E34 calipers... and we weren't quite sure ourselves until we searched around on the forum looking for an answer. Many said yes but with no pictures to back it up...

I wanted to make sure that this can be referenced for others that may be pursuing the same upgrade by providing a bunch of pics.

And there you have it! We're putting style 5's on it and they clear those by a mile hehe.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

That is a tight fit! Nice work.

Caliper upgrade, no ss lines?

Which Style 5s?
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
      That is a tight fit! Nice work.

Caliper upgrade, no ss lines?

Which Style 5s?
      Indeed it is! But the customer has 17" wheels that the car rides on. The customer wanted to make sure his spare would fit though.

It was actually a caliper downgrade haha, it had AP5000+ 6 pistons up front and 4 pistons in the back. That limited his selection to 18" wheels only and he was unhappy the setup that the car came with.

Also, no SS lines really needed... brand new lines work just as well considering that this car will not see any track use.

Square all around. 17x8.5"

Comment

Oh, gotcha. That is one great looking E28.

Comment

A brake kit like this could be fitted to an e30, or have you?

Edit: Looked at what sub it was under, disregard that. Looks awesome otherwise.

Comment

^ Prolly demands five-lug.

Comment

Oh, gotcha. That is one great looking E28.
              Thanks! The owner has a few other nice cars as well. Check out our IG feed. Look for the orange 1M and the Grey E30 with nogaro euroweaves!

^ Prolly demands five-lug.
              Yeh, pro-tip.. the E34 540i BBK that guys do on E28's are actually E36 M3 Calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                Indeed it is! But the customer has 17" wheels that the car rides on. The customer wanted to make sure his spare would fit though.

It was actually a caliper downgrade haha, it had AP5000+ 6 pistons up front and 4 pistons in the back. That limited his selection to 18" wheels only and he was unhappy the setup that the car came with.

Also, no SS lines really needed... brand new lines work just as well considering that this car will not see any track use.

Square all around. 17x8.5"

Those wouldn't happen to be the wheels I refurbished?

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

The e31 840i brembo's also fit under 16" wheels. I've test fit them on:

-16" bbs ra
                  -e38 style 5's
                  -e28 M5
                  -bbs rs211

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                    Those wouldn't happen to be the wheels I refurbished?
                    Possibly 😀 These were for Daniel.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    The e31 840i brembo's also fit under 16" wheels. I've test fit them on:

-16" bbs ra
                    -e38 style 5's
                    -e28 M5
                    -bbs rs211

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Good info for the thread! Do you have any pics with them mounted?

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                      Just wanted to create a thread with a definitive answer on the E34 BBK fitting stock 16" M5 weaves.

Our customer was concerned that his 16" spare wouldn't fit over the E34 calipers... and we weren't quite sure ourselves until we searched around on the forum looking for an answer. Many said yes but with no pictures to back it up...

I wanted to make sure that this can be referenced for others that may be pursuing the same upgrade by providing a bunch of pics.

And there you have it! We're putting style 5's on it and they clear those by a mile hehe.
                      So it's an E28 with E34 540i rotors and... what calipers? Not clear whether it's E34 or E36 calipers. The 540i rotors are pretty darn thick... I didn't think E36 M3 rotors were that thick.

Not sure why fitment of a 16" would be a surprise, as the E34's had 15" wheels stock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                        So it's an E28 with E34 540i rotors and... what calipers? Not clear whether it's E34 or E36 calipers. The 540i rotors are pretty darn thick... I didn't think E36 M3 rotors were that thick.

Not sure why fitment of a 16" would be a surprise, as the E34's had 15" wheels stock. ;)
                        Its an E28 M5 with E34 calipers all around. We also installed E34 rotors.

What I was saying about E34 calipers is that the fronts are the same as the E36 M3 calipers.

Also, the reason I made this post is so that people could actually SEE the fitment. All of the threads that we came across didn't have any pics... So it was more so to help others "see it and believe it."

Comment

Working...
                        X