Hey do you all remember the libs saying "Bush Lied, People Died"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey do you all remember the libs saying "Bush Lied, People Died"

Well I'm toying with a new version about Obama. Warning!!! Do not read further Liberals!!

"Obama Lied, the Economy Died"

I know I'm not supposed to say it because my hatred for him means I'm racist and hate America but its catchy I think:)

That's cute, it would make a good bumper sticker. Of course, it ignores the fact that the economy went to shit before Obama was inaugurated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas View Post
      That's cute, it would make a good bumper sticker. Of course, it ignores the fact that the economy went to shit before Obama was inaugurated.
      It sure as shit didn't improve it like he said he would......hence he's a fucking liar.
      1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Lets also not pay attention to the fact that Obama has spent more than George Washington-George Bush COMBINED

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
          It sure as shit didn't improve it like he said he would......hence he's a fucking liar.
          Politicians make a living putting spin on shit. I don't remember him ever saying that things would be all sunshine and puppies halfway through his term though.

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
          Lets also not pay attention to the fact that Obama has spent more than George Washington-George Bush COMBINED
          Obama has spent more than all previous Presidents combined? Uh, source for that?

Comment

Nobody can "fix" the economy. But it certainly was allowed to blow itself up. This is from two years ago, (watch the video) and this guy called it long before. What was Bush and Co. saying at the same time Mr. Rubini was looking into his far-too-accurate crystal ball? "Nope. No recession here"!

In summation:

Rubini in 2006: "A financial crisis is brewing." "In the coming months and years the United States was likely to face a once-in-a-lifetime housing bust, an oil shock, sharply declining consumer confidence and, ultimately, a deep recession."

Bush in 2006: President Bush shrugged off a report showing weaker-than-expected job growth and declared that "the American economy heads into 2006 with a full head of steam."

Rubini in 2008: "We ARE in a severe recession-a systemic financial crisis."

Bush in 2008: ""I don't think we're headed to a recession".

So who was asleep at the switch???

Obama had a slim chance at best, but then made a gargantuan mistake in not letting the bad banks fail. Instead, he listened to Wall Street and rescued banks instead of directly dealing with the toxic assets. The big 4 banks are showing big profits these days while the rest of the economy is still crawling from the wreckage.

But if categorically hating Obama for, well, everything makes you feel better, have at it. I wish he was the only problem.
            Last edited by mar1t1me; 10-07-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

obama put political priorities ahead of the economy
              and then fucked it up anyway
              he gambled we'd have a normal recovery, but the boomers are done taking on debt and spending
              hence a slow economy, unemployment headed higher, and spending up the arse
              obama fucked up, plain and simple, and his party will get its reward in about 26 days
              i can't wait
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by reelop19 View Post
                Well I'm toying with a new version about Obama. Warning!!! Do not read further Liberals!!

"Obama Lied, the Economy Died"

I know I'm not supposed to say it because my hatred for him means I'm racist and hate America but its catchy I think:)
                Ok....let me first say that I am not an Obama supporter. I've never liked the guy, I hope he's a one term president and after he's gone he can go back to Kenya for all I care. I've voted Republican before but I am also a staunch libertarian....but not of the social ilk.

Now...do I believe Obama's efforts with bailouts and whatever else has helped us? Nope - I believe they have hindered us. But what you must remember (cause this seems to be overlooked A LOT) is that the ecomony was already tanking before he took office. Heck, in his campaign year the shit was already hitting the fan. What we are experiencing right now with our ecomony did not happen overnight. It took YEARS to get to the meltdown point.....said years while Bush was in office and everything seemed rosey as fuck. Problem is, the epicenter of what got us here was a housing and mortgage market which was on a runaway train with no checks to pull back the reins as things kept chugging along. You had a shitload of greed from mortgage brokers, banks, real estate agents and the purchasers themselves.....all these folks who had no business buying a house to flip in 2 years for gravy-train profit. The system was approving people left and right on "stated income"....no real verification (hence the greed....just make the sale, get the commission....someone else will worry about the mess). On top of that, all these risky loans were bundled up and sold on Wall Street and....well.....you know where that got us now.

My brother has worked in the mortgage lending business for several years and I have heard more stories of 'turning a blind eye' or downright corruption in the field because all that mattered was the commission...the bottom dollar being made. He knows a couple of people who are now locked up in the Federal slammer for this shit.

So before you go and make a blanket statement about "how fucked up things are", take a look at our recent history and see what you find. I'm big supporter of the free-market and persuing success. But at the same time, some checks and balances need to be adhered to in order to keep thing from letting them go like they way they did with the mortgage industry. If that isn't enough proof for you, see Enron and the deregulation of the utility market.

Jon
                Rides...
                1991 325i - sold :(
                2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                  and his party will get its reward in about 26 days
                  i can't wait
                  What? And then the Republicans will.....what? Go back to business as usual maybe? Or claim that they could fix everything, but those damned evil Democrats that hate Amurika won't let them? Will they suddenly spend less? Will they cut off granny's government money and tell her to HTFU?

Dude....they're all crooked......

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                    This.

And it's still going to be years before we return to a "normal" economy.

I just hope I'll have found a job outside the defense sector by then, because I'm not very confident it will still be here in a few years.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

What does any of this have to do with Bush? Why is it Obama can be a figure head with all you people but Bush wasn't? I wonder why Wall Street got paid off with so much stimulus funds? Hmmmmm could it be because Obama doesn't do anything but vacation and read a teleprompter while all of his used-to-be wall street advisors take care of business? Why don't you take a look at how the economy was handled in 1920 which led to the roaring 20's as opposed to 1929 which led to the Great Depression. Look at any time in history and you will see what works and what doesn't. Duhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                        What? And then the Republicans will.....what? Go back to business as usual maybe? Or claim that they could fix everything, but those damned evil Democrats that hate Amurika won't let them? Will they suddenly spend less? Will they cut off granny's government money and tell her to HTFU?

i'm not a registered anything politically, and vote for the person not along party lines.
                        i'm 56, and i am through voting for business as usual.
                        the government needs to be out of our lives, get small, get out of the way and let all of us pursue happyness
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There's no doubt the Republicans are the lesser of two evils. But very "evil" none the less.

When Nancy Pelosi says that "Food Stamps are the best bang for the buck" for this economy...LMFAO, Democrats everywhere look foolish.
                          Well then why don't we just give everyone food stamps.....because those that have half a brain know that food stamps are a last effort not a way to stimulate the economy.

The problem started way before Bush but Bush failed to do anything about what might have happened, which did end up happening. Now Obama refuses to do the right things that he knows will make things better because that's not part of his agenda.

When Timothy Geithner says that it's okay if America does not lead the world economically, you need to get a fucking clue. Defeatist and actively trying to suppress the strength of this great country.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Did'nt Clinton pass the law which lowered the requirements to be approved for a mortage?

Comment

Yes but it started all the way back to Jimmy Carter. Everybody will say it was all Bushs' fault, but if you go back and listen to regulators talking to Congress about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac you'll hear all these democrats saying how the ceo franklin raines was good for the company and neither company was in trouble and one even said their issues with those 2 companies was a political lynching. A political fucking lynching. Now look at those 2 companies and our economy

Comment

Working...
                              X