Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington State Taxes Passed

[D] Rosa Franklin

"The tally is in and the people have spoken... we want programs. And these programs have to be funded!"

Here's a few of the taxes recently passed by this loving, idiot state:

Cigarettes: +$1.00 per pack
    Beer: +$0.28 for every 6 count ("true" micro brews are exempt)

Social engineering much?

I'm sick and tired of this State's Governing powers. Some of the biggest advocates for listening to the Minority of a certain area or peoples and enforcing their "needs" on everyone else.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

I'd prefer it if they taxed alcohol and cigarettes even more to be honest, oh well.

Comment

Glad I quite smoking in January.

Sometime I miss my home state of Texas's government. But then I think, people bitch no matter where they live.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
        Glad I quite smoking in January.

Sometime I miss my home state of Texas's government. But then I think, people bitch no matter where they live.

True. Very true...

The issue isn't what they are taxing, even though I feel it's directly related to a social engineering view point, it's more the quote at the top and the general attitude of our current Law makers.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Good thing I drink strictly micro brews.

Comment

There's a certain criteria they've set for what constitutes a "true" micro brew.
            Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Could be worse you could be paying higher property taxes or like my state does they increase the local municipality taxes and then the state raise the sales tax.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

If they put the money into healthcare for the children of WA, I wouldn't have an issue. Second-hand smoke is a major cause of MIs.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

They arn't.

I smoke. While quitting would be nice, I'm not sure I enjoy the taxes on it.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Just don't let your pinko-comie BS infect my state. (I've almost been here a year, it's almost "mine".) lol. I remember when this stuff started happening in CA... It was 8-10 years ago though. What is that gonna put you at per pack? When I was still smoking in CA we hit 5.50, and it was due to climb...

Comment

It'll put it at, per pack $8.77 +
                      Need a part? PM me.

Comment

I paid $9.17 for a pack of 'murrican spurits back in '09...once. Never bought smokes in Seattle again!

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                          They arn't.

I smoke. While quitting would be nice, I'm not sure I enjoy the taxes on it.
                          grow your own then and don't pay any taxes on it.
                          sigpic
                          Gun control means using both hands
                          Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                            I paid $9.17 for a pack of 'murrican spurits back in '09...once. Never bought smokes in Seattle again!
                            Christ.

That's insane. Not sure what a pack of cigarettes is around here (don't and have never smoked), but I think even Marlboro's are $4.50ish per pack?
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

People always bitch about their right to smoke.. what about my right to not inhale it in public? The epidemiology supporting public smoking bans is overwhelming and undeniable.

If you want to smoke in your own home, in your own car, or on your personal property, I have absolutley no problem with that. I think that freedom ends once you step into public domain and start forcing others to inhale that cancerous smoke.

I'm so glad Portland banned it last year.
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                              X