R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #241
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG
 
ThatOneEuroE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 6,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
Did tapatalk pay you to say their obnoxious banner ads are ok or do ads that take up 1/5th of the screen and get past ad blockers really not annoy you? Come on now. They're fucking annoying. I visit a lot of forums and on my phone and every time I have cleared the crap in my browser they come back. It's annoying, and it's just as legitimate of an annoyance as panjo, I'll never use tapatalk because of it.


No they really don't annoy me one bit. In fact i don't even notice them. And no they have not paid me shit.
ThatOneEuroE30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #242
agent
Moderator
 
agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Thompsons Station, Tennessee
Posts: 6,169
Many (most?) mobile apps support themselves by displaying ads or by offering a paid version to remove them; Tapatalk is no exception. The $3 payment works out to $0.25/mo if you only use it for a year. I've been using it for at least three, so that works out to less than $0.08/mo.

So the choices are simple: part with the $3, or spend several minutes posting about how much you hate it. It's really just a simple function of what your time is worth...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronus View Post
would be in depending on tip slant and tube size
Klaus | Lola | Hans | Feedback | For Sale | Wanted | Rebuilt Diffs | . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . .2017 T-shirt
agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #243
ThatOneEuroE30
R3V OG
 
ThatOneEuroE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 6,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
Many (most?) mobile apps support themselves by displaying ads or by offering a paid version to remove them; Tapatalk is no exception. The $3 payment works out to $0.25/mo if you only use it for a year. I've been using it for at least three, so that works out to less than $0.08/mo.

So the choices are simple: part with the $3, or spend several minutes posting about how much you hate it. It's really just a simple function of what your time is worth...


Or the nano second it takes to scroll the phone past it.
ThatOneEuroE30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #244
pandaboo911
E30 Mastermind
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
1. Post
2. Edit post and delete panjo stuff
3. Delete listing on panjo (optional)
Yes I shouldn't have to do this, but it's a simple workaround.



Screw tapatalk, I'll never use their app based on the obnoxious and persistent ads on every forum I visit on mobile. Also "posted from my iphone with tapatalk"


I have zero ads on tapatalk and the signature can be disabled easily. It's not a bad app.
__________________
pandaboo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #245
dereliiict
Mod Crazy
 
dereliiict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Little Beirut
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaboo911 View Post
I have zero ads on tapatalk and the signature can be disabled easily. It's not a bad app.

This.

I pretty much only visit using Tapatalk. I lose some functionality of the forum, but I'm not a person who spends much free time in front of a screen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Derek-
dereliiict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #246
Matt-B
The Waffler
 
Matt-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kalama/Vancouver Wa e30: 91 318is w/ M50 1998 e36 m3
Posts: 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliiict View Post
This.

I pretty much only visit using Tapatalk. I lose some functionality of the forum, but I'm not a person who spends much free time in front of a screen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So disable the signature lol
__________________


Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170
Matt-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:03 AM   #247
dereliiict
Mod Crazy
 
dereliiict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Little Beirut
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-B View Post
So disable the signature lol


Lol. I just don't care.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Derek-
dereliiict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #248
varg
E30 Enthusiast
 
varg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
part with the $3, or spend several minutes posting about how much you hate it. It's really just a simple function of what your time is worth...
I've always found it funny when someone tries to lecture another person on the internet about "what your time is worth" in relation to "spending time complaining"

There's a certain irony to it.

It's also funny that people actively complaining over the span of multiple posts about panjo are telling me that complaining about tapatalk ads is stupid
__________________
@turbovarg
'91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 50 trim, megasquirt, coilovers
Project thread.

raise the lowered
varg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #249
agent
Moderator
 
agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Thompsons Station, Tennessee
Posts: 6,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I've always found it funny when someone tries to lecture another person on the internet about "what your time is worth" in relation to "spending time complaining"

There's a certain irony to it.
Meh... maybe it doesn't resonate with you, though it might with someone else. If/when that happens, then it was well worth my time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronus View Post
would be in depending on tip slant and tube size
Klaus | Lola | Hans | Feedback | For Sale | Wanted | Rebuilt Diffs | . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . .2017 T-shirt
agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #250
MR E30 325is
E30 Mastermind
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
Meh... maybe it doesn't resonate with you, though it might with someone else. If/when that happens, then it was well worth my time.
I wouldn't worry about varg too much. Seems to be a habitual instigator. Cool E30 and I like what he does with it, a lot, but man does he disagree/find a point to retaliate against with everything.
__________________
My previous build.
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390
Another E30 may be in my future.
MR E30 325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #251
Bimmer_man
E30 Fanatic
 
Bimmer_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,469
Okay this panjo thing is stupid. There was nothing wrong with how the old set up went. Every now and then I'd get a pm for a for sale add from way back when but what ever. It's it's an issue then see about adding something to where if a for sale thread is over 30 days old it gets auto deleted. And by 30 days old I mean if the last post on the thread was 30 days old. I sure as hell am not going to pay some random side for me wanting to buy something. I'll surf the site still but will not be selling through that panjo site.
__________________
Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!

86 325 ( sold/totaled )
89 325iX ( parted )
91 325iX ( sold )
98 528i current daily
(On the hunt for my next e30)
Bimmer_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM   #252
gearheadE30
No R3VLimiter
 
gearheadE30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,704
I don't like change any more than the rest of you, but I guess I'm struggling to see what the big deal is. Anyone who has been burned selling (or buying) something on the forums knows that some protection can go a long way. I haven't sold anything via Panjo yet (switched to ebay a long time ago after getting tired of haggling over $5 parts in forum classifieds...started pricing things with their 9% fees in mind and haven't had a problem) but have bought though it, and it seems to work fine. A kickback to keep the site going is a good thing - all kinds of places have tried donations and such, and it rarely seems to work out that well. We're all a lot less generous than we think we are, by and large.

Like anything else, give it 6 months and the vast majority of people will have forgotten that it was any different anyway.

__________________

Project M42 Turbo
gearheadE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM   #253
djjerme
No R3VLimiter
 
djjerme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadE30 View Post
Anyone who has been burned selling (or buying) something on the forums knows that some protection can go a long way. I haven't sold anything via Panjo yet (switched to ebay a long time ago after getting tired of haggling over $5 parts in forum classifieds...started pricing things with their 9% fees in mind and haven't had a problem)
This is why I don't encourage people to use the "gift" method of payment of Paypal. There's no recourse if something bad happens.

And yes, as a seller, you can get burned by the Paypal protection, but it can also cover yer ass. Have had it go both ways in the past, and still prefer it. I won't ever buy without doing it as payment for goods or services unless it's someone I know personally.

I cringe when I see that on ads..
__________________
1984 Alpina B6 2.8 #35 - (COMING SOON to a meet near you.)
1985 PRO3 #50 - converting to ST
1991 318i - "Baby M3" (not)
2004 X3 2.5 - "Bento"
2010 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Leave me some transaction feedback
djjerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #254
MrBurgundy
E30 Modder
 
MrBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 33.8170 N 118.0373 W
Posts: 894
If panjo helps r3v stay around, I'm all for it. Sure, it can be a pita, but I'm sure whom ever runs this site pays some money out of pocket, so I'm sure this is a huge help in moderating transations and making a little money that goes into keeping r3v alive.
MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #255
CJ_
Noobie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 13
Where are my panjo ads going? I don't even see them show up in the forum i posed in..
CJ_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC