Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

guys who run separate tires at the track..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put 4 205/55/14's, all my spare parts, a jack, etc.. in the trunk.

Go a little wider, and you can get three in the trunk and put the other one inside. I have a roll bar inside so it actually becomes difficult to get a tire inside the car.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

use to put in back seat/one in trunk with jack and stuff... but put a roll bar in over the winter. so I made up a rook rack for them...

only pic i have its not exactly done in this pic but you get the idea...

91 e30 318is M50 SOLD
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=149570
      92 325 vert project
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341370

Comment

My friend with his tracked out E36 M3 would take his 4 wheels/tires on a roof rack. Should be no problem on an e30 either.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

I've had 2 sets of wheels in my coupe before, with one wheel in the spare well. I usually just put the track tires in the back seat though. I like that tire tail thing...

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            I put 4 205/55/14's, all my spare parts, a jack, etc.. in the trunk.

Go a little wider, and you can get three in the trunk and put the other one inside. I have a roll bar inside so it actually becomes difficult to get a tire inside the car.
            I must suck at packing. I can only fit two of my 205/55/14s in the trunk. With the roll bar the other two have to go in the passenger seat. Do you get more clearance in the trunk without the tar to be able to stack the tires, or are the dimensions slightly different in the late versus early model e30s?
            1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
            1991 318is: raw DD
            2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Boris3 View Post
              I must suck at packing. I can only fit two of my 205/55/14s in the trunk. With the roll bar the other two have to go in the passenger seat. Do you get more clearance in the trunk without the tar to be able to stack the tires, or are the dimensions slightly different in the late versus early model e30s?
              I have everything removed from the trunk. Any trim, carpet, tar, etc... is gone. You need every last millimeter to be able to stack them three high (one in the spare tire hole, two on the trunk floor, one on top of them). Actually, I can do it with weaves, but it probably wouldn't work with a 7" wheel. I can't even get close with my 205/50/16's on an 8" wheel, I know that.
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

One more reason to clean out the trunk. Thanks!
                1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
                1991 318is: raw DD
                2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Simple utility trailer.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

4 doors FTW
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...