X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

euroweaves or Ronal LS. Done!
    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

looks like a prime candidate for a drift car!
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Mlarsen; Ok will check.

Yeah a nice set of wheels and i am set. Since the Original rear tires are still on there and cracking.

Comment

nando; car is too clean for that...i can try drifting my avant

Comment

I was kidding... lol. Leave drifting for the rolling parts cars. :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post
              The car was made for 14' and there is a reason the car sits the height it does. No need to mod it.
              I hate this logic. These cars were designed 20-30 years ago. We've made advancements since then. There are plenty of non 14" wheels that are OEM+ looking and many suspension options that will tighten the car up and make it handle better. Why wouldn't you want to make it better?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Somebody should let the BMW engineers know that the 15" wheels they made for E30s are wrong, because some guy on the internet says they were only meant for 14".
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well, I don't think the car is made for 14 inches. I think BMW was trying to get where the ride is not too rough and appeal to the masses. The driving dynamics would change if wider and larger wheels were put on it and lowered about 1". But not everyone wants that feel, and BMW probably try to get somewhere in between.

Comment

I think they were trying to reduce the price of the car for the US market.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If rear tires are original, timing belt might be too...change it if you don't have the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        I hate this logic. These cars were designed 20-30 years ago. We've made advancements since then. There are plenty of non 14" wheels that are OEM+ looking and many suspension options that will tighten the car up and make it handle better. Why wouldn't you want to make it better?
                        My logic is this, if I wanted a car to drive and handle like a (name your era) 2000 car, then I would purchase a 2000 model. I want the look, feel, and drive of an 80's car.

Now, I do understand your logic and most on these forums agree with your logic, I am just not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          Somebody should let the BMW engineers know that the 15" wheels they made for E30s are wrong, because some guy on the internet says they were only meant for 14".
                          Did you see me mentioning 15" wheels? No, for the reason that BMW did indeed have 15" wheels on some e30s, and thus the reason I never wrote 15" wheels on the post. I mentioned 16" and 17"

Comment

RLG; yeah will get to the TB. It's on order and I am no mechanic. Anyone in the PNW area want to trade computer work for changing my TB and waterpump :). My hourly rates are higher than a mechanics I think that's a fair trade lol

Comment

Congrats on the find. Get rid of those old tires NOW before you have an unfortunate event.
                              Both my E30s are <50k miles and neither one was a steal but they are certainly keepers.
                              Drive in good health and make sure your timing belt is new.

Buy and refinish these wheels with your new tires.

Last edited by steven g; 09-27-2013, 01:52 PM.
                              1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

Steven, yeah going to replace the tires. I can change the full size spare for one of the wheels, only the passenger side seems to have serious cracks....i think everything on the car is original including the TB.

Comment

Working...
                                X