???? brake booster question?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???? brake booster question?????

can i use the stock e30 booster or do i need to swap it out?
    sigpic

Originally posted by e30euro View Post
    you need a whole e34/ e32 booster setup or a custom boosterless master cylinder...

SEARCH!

Comment

Have you read any of the posts in this section?
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

i dont have time to read i work 100 hours a week so its hard to sit on here and read sometimes.
        sigpic

Comment

i dont have time to read i work 100 hours a week so its hard to sit on here and read sometimes.
          Here's a link that may help you out.

Project page for my V8 E30 Convertible - Will be updated regularly with pictures, buid history, cost list, links and much more.

Read it from start to finish and you should have a good idea of how much work goes into the V8 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
            Here's a link that may help you out.

Project page for my V8 E30 Convertible - Will be updated regularly with pictures, buid history, cost list, links and much more.

Read it from start to finish and you should have a good idea of how much work goes into the V8 swap.
            This link is quite good and very detailed. Pretty accurate representation of the swap and the work necessary to do it.
            Originally posted by csermonet47
            Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Has anybody tried Hydroboost with a V8, or is that too tight?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
                Has anybody tried Hydroboost with a V8, or is that too tight?
                There is a guy in Europe that is putting an S62 in his E30 and is using a hydro setup, but the head/VC are slightly different on the S62 than the M6x V8, so for him it works. But he also moved the entire setup over about ~3 inches... I think he has a post in this section. I'll look for it and link it...

Garey

EDIT: Here it is... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=208279

Comment

I picked up an H31 hydro-boost setup from a guy on CL, just to check it out. I don't think it really makes the brake problem with these swaps much easier. Once you get done with the firewall and pedal-box mods/fab, you still have clearance issues with the reservoir, and the brake lines going to the master - and the whole shittery is getting baked by the driver-side exhaust manifold.

Not a slam dunk, by any means.

-Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BruceBe View Post
                    I picked up an H31 hydro-boost setup from a guy on CL, just to check it out. I don't think it really makes the brake problem with these swaps much easier. Once you get done with the firewall and pedal-box mods/fab, you still have clearance issues with the reservoir, and the brake lines going to the master - and the whole shittery is getting baked by the driver-side exhaust manifold.

Not a slam dunk, by any means.

-Bruce
                    I know... I know you did a pretty slick mod in yours, Bruce and that's also why I went with the Wilwood pedal assy in mine. It is a mess of an area to have all that hardware in and getting baked to boot!

Garey

Comment

Thread steal!

Anyone got the e34/e32 booster+bracket for sale?

And one related question.. Is it possible to use the stock 325 MC with it?

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

Shipping to Iceland would be bank! I have an e34 booster/mc with all the hardware and I think I have a spare e30 MC so I'll try and check that for you to answer your question on fitment.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                        X