This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    No dude. A salvage title e30 is not a "worthless piece of metal" and your argument is just a rant with little logic trying to project a holier-than-thou attitude with the father thing. A car is a car, not a piece of paper.

And trying to attribute the rise in e30 prices to inflation and cost of living? Come on.

Have you ever considered that a punctured plastic bumper may total an e30 and not an e92? Ff they both sustained identical damage and were repaired identically but the e30 received a salvage title due to having a lower initial value...what's your argument now?
    Go look at the car market as a whole, a Salvage title car is not worth the money of a clean title car.

All arguing otherwise, needed to be taught that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClassiE30 View Post
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=388344

Thats a pretty nice car for 7k and i'm sure there is wiggle room. Its worth more than that with a clean title. The seller is already realistic and taking a hit on the price.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        What an asshole.
        I get it everyday. It's cause I mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          ...well, it does reduce resale and 'collectability', but given how a busted plastic bumper
          will lead the insurance industry to salvage your E30, it doesn't exactly mean that
          the car's not still a car...

but your point's well- taken about the hipsters. Damn, they don't maintain their cars
          for shit. And spend a lot of money on it in the process, and then think the thing's still
          worth something.

I've learned to question a lot of what my dad said. He was often right. But he was often drunk, too...

t
          Thanks!

Comment

no one cares duude

Comment

Sorry to feed this beast of a thread....but what in the actual hell is happening?

Most random ass topic/thing I've read in a long time. Sense zero makes.

Comment

Go look at the car market as a whole, a Salvage title car is not worth the money of a clean title car.

All arguing otherwise, needed to be taught that.

This is not the "car market as a whole"

This thread should be shut down
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                  This is not the "car market as a whole"

This thread should be shut down
                  Yes, that is why I ask all of you to open your eyes. Please comment if you have something to contribute. If not your a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                    no one cares duude
                    Yet you care enough to write something dull.

Comment

A "salvage" car is mostly all accounting shenanigans. It really has nothing to do with the structural integrity, safety, or value of the car. Especially as the cars age - it will matter less and less. It would be hard for a salvage title car to go for concours prices, sure. But look at late 60's early 70's mopars. You could have one that was hit by a train, welded back together properly, and it would still be worth $100k.

as far as "clean" E30s being plentiful, what's your definition of clean? I hardly see E30s at all now, and the ones I do see are basically rolling parts cars - no salvage title or not, I'd rather have my E30 that was properly repaired than a "clean title" piece of shit.

You could literally "total" an average E30 by sitting on the hood or getting a dent in the fender. While a 2016 model car requires significant damage that would definitely alter the safety/integrity and value of the car. The only thing that would truly destroy an E30 IMO is flood damage, especially if it's saltwater.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

From KBB : Most salvage title cars are priced at least 5 percent below market, which seems like a good deal. But in most cases the true value is much, much less. Consumer Reports calculates that a salvage-title car is worth 50 percent of its Kelley Blue Book value, at best.

KBB is a trusted source. But y'all still will argue.

Comment

This brings me to a question:

State Assigned VIN Numbers.

WTF happened there? Looked at a Miata that had a MD state assigned VIN and the VIN was removed or distorted everywhere else. I've seen that on VA cars as well.

Title made no mention of anything special when eyeballed.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Lmfao these cars are so old man, it takes nothing for the insurance company to slap salvage title on a car. Also as long as the car was fixed properly why is there a problem? Also if the car was in a collision when it was newer it would likely not get salvaged so you can buy a clean title and have one that was still hit at some point.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              A "salvage" car is mostly all accounting shenanigans. It really has nothing to do with the structural integrity, safety, or value of the car. Especially as the cars age - it will matter less and less. It would be hard for a salvage title car to go for concours prices, sure. But look at late 60's early 70's mopars. You could have one that was hit by a train, welded back together properly, and it would still be worth $100k.

as far as "clean" E30s being plentiful, what's your definition of clean? I hardly see E30s at all now, and the ones I do see are basically rolling parts cars - no salvage title or not, I'd rather have my E30 that was properly repaired than a "clean title" piece of shit.

You could literally "total" an average E30 by sitting on the hood or getting a dent in the fender. While a 2016 model car requires significant damage that would definitely alter the safety/integrity and value of the car. The only thing that would truly destroy an E30 IMO is flood damage, especially if it's saltwater.
                              I did not say "plentiful"....I said "not scarce". But go ahead; that's how much attention you pay while a discussion is in progress. Bet you'll buy one hell of a clean salvage title car.

And now a "clean title" is regarded as a piece of shit! Damn you're stupid.

Rolf.

Comment

From KBB : Most salvage title cars are priced at least 5 percent below market, which seems like a good deal. But in most cases the true value is much, much less. Consumer Reports calculates that a salvage-title car is worth 50 percent of its Kelley Blue Book value, at best.

KBB is a trusted source. But y'all still will argue.

It's a trusted source (thanks for the edit) but a worthless point (in regard to e30's and buyers who are more educated than the average KBB reader). Prices/values are based on peoples' perceptions which are often not based in logic. You have to look at the car individually to say anything about its value and then make a determination for yourself if it is worth it. Not bitch aimlessly on a forum when clearly no one agrees with you.
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X