Condor bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condor bushings

Will this work on the ix? This combo includes a a set of M20 motor mounts, g260 transmission mounts, offset control arm bushings (M3 Style), our 12mm subframe riser bushing kit, rear trailing arm bushings, a differential mount and a powersteering delete for your E30.
    Any other bushings I should do while I'm doing Them if they work? Also thinking about BILLET/URETHANE REAR SHOCK MOUNT SET FOR E30/E36 from Ireland http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E30-...e30alummt.html

iX doesn't have trans mounts, just one transfer case mount.

iX motor mounts have longer studs, but you should be able to get away with the length the condor ones are. You may lose the heat shield over the engine mount though.

Also, The rear subframe bushings will either need a longer sleeve, or you will need to space the sleeve up by adding washers or something to the bottom unless you're raising the subframe with RWD e30 subframe washers and diff spacers/offset diff bushing.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Oh okay so that bundle wouldn't be worth it right? Does any one sell a IX bushing kit?

Comment

I don't know of any aftermarket bushings specifically for the iX.

If you don't mind losing the heat shield over the engine mount, or cutting a piece off the old subframe bushings to extend the new bushings up into the car, then everything minus the trans mounts will work.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...Mount-Question

I went through this with the rear subframe on my iX when I replaced it. The pics and the last post in that thread should help.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

The ix rear sub frame bushings locate the sub frame closer to the ground than RWD (to gain clearance), if you use RWD bushings and your car is lowered, then it will help your camber, but you will need to lower the diff to match the new "higher" sub frame. So, you can use the condor stock height e30 rear SF bushings on your ix, you will have to use the RWD diff spacers and offset mount to get things back straight (just like a RWD e30 using a raised bushing set) if that makes sense in text.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            I don't know of any aftermarket bushings specifically for the iX.

If you don't mind losing the heat shield over the engine mount, or cutting a piece off the old subframe bushings to extend the new bushings up into the car, then everything minus the trans mounts will work.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I went through this with the rear subframe on my iX when I replaced it. The pics and the last post in that thread should help.
            According to your thread, you are correct that the rear frame and trailing arms etc are the same as a RWD e30, the bushings just push the frame closer to the ground (raising the chassis).

I have personally rebuilt RWD and ix e30 rear ends and found out the hard way that the bushings themselves are the only difference (bought RWD SF bushings for the ix and had to exchange them).
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
            X