Do you think it's the fuel injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think it's the fuel injectors?

I have hard starting issues that require me to give it gas, sometimes a lot, to get it going. It often backfires too when getting it started. When it does get going, it runs badly and misses for a few seconds until it smooths out. Then I can slowly let off of the gas and bring it down to idle. I checked the fuel pressure and it drops pretty quickly after I turn off the car. It has a brand new FPR and fuel pump. It also pulls fine up to ~4,500rpm, then starts stumbling and the check engine light lights up. Does that sounds like a fuel injector issue, or might it be something else causing the starting and high rpm issues?

If it is the injectors causing the fuel pressure to drop right away, is that something that an injector rebuild will fix, or do I need to completely replace the leaky injectors?

Could be an injector(s) leaking.

The 4500 thing probably is something different.

If'n it was me, I'd meter the AFM and see what it's doing...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

afm, throttle position sensor, and to a degree the idle control valve all give readings based on RPM.

I have a problem like this except for the 4500 RPM part and haven't been able to track it down. Does it mostly happen for you when it's cold in the morning?

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Try everything in here. I hope you have better luck than I did.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
        X