Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring question. what do I do with all these extra wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring question. what do I do with all these extra wires?

ok, I have droped my s52, w/ m50 head in my 318is now its time for the wiring.

I have bought the ebay connector and have plugged in the sensors.

My wiring harness is from a 97 bmw m3 and i am wondering if i just reduce all the wires and crimp off the ends.

the 318is harness i chuck correct?

You running OBD2 or OBD1?

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

im running obd2,

I finally broke the e30 harness away from the car completely and started putting away the mess in the 318is wiring case and things are looking a lot clearer.

am I going to run into any wires or relays that i wont need?

I am considering mounting the secondary oil pump my friend says delete it, is that even possible?
      I am trying to pass smog with this car here in California will i need the secondary air pump for that?

Comment

If youre trying to pass smog you cant really strip much of anything out of the harness. We have done a number of smog legal harness. You should contact Mr. Green on the forums. We helped him with his smog legal harness and tune. He can explain to you what he went rhough.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

this might help get you moving in the right direction

Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
            If youre trying to pass smog you cant really strip much of anything out of the harness. We have done a number of smog legal harness. You should contact Mr. Green on the forums. We helped him with his smog legal harness and tune. He can explain to you what he went rhough.

im not worried about smog I just hard to tuck away the wires easily.
            I wanted to know if there are any wires i can eliminate, or is it better to work aroound all those wires everytine i want to take the manifold off.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfan52 View Post
              im not worried about smog I just hard to tuck away the wires easily.
              I wanted to know if there are any wires i can eliminate, or is it better to work aroound all those wires everytine i want to take the manifold off.
              I ended up shortening alot of wires in order to fit under my 318i wiring harness cover. before i did this, the cover wouldnt clip in fully.
              RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

If you're not dealing with smog, there's a lot you can get rid of. Use common sense, double check your ETMs, and thin it out. I cut all unneeded wires all the way back to the ECU connector and I have tons of space under the covers. You'd be surprised how much extra bulk is there from the factory.
                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                X