No announcement yet.

A photography thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice stuff. I like shot of the kid. Gotta love the 50mm 1.8. I have a Pentax 50mm, but on my M4/3 body, it comes to around 76mm because of the cropping.

Man... I really miss the PNW. I really want to move back to my hometown. I miss the rain.

Comment

Wow thanks everyone, really appreciate the kind words.

Right now I'm shooting a Nikon d3200 and normally using a 50mm 1.8. Would love to get a FF camera at some point with some other lenses, but id rather buy car parts...

A few more shots of my vert.

DSC_1451 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr

DSC_1463 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr

DSC_1465 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr

DSC_1482 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr

DSC_1469 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr

Comment

You have an eye for lighting. What program are you using to edit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
        ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin_Button View Post
          You have an eye for lighting. What program are you using to edit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          Thank you man, I'm using LR 5.

Comment

How do you like the 3200? I had gotten a D3100 for my ex, but I really didn't like it.

Why full frame?

Comment

Originally posted by enildeR View Post
              How do you like the 3200? I had gotten a D3100 for my ex, but I really didn't like it.

Why full frame?
              I really enjoy it, and for the price its hard to complain at all. Very sharp images, easy to use, and i haven't had any problems with it yet.

And FF has less noise at higher iso's, very high image quality, and obviously doesn't crop out some of what your looking at because it has a FF sensor instead of a crop sensor so you can get wider angles. And you can get some very nice lenses that just work better with FF cameras.

Haven't shot anything for awhile, been working a bunch and had some issues with my coupe..

DSC_1489 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Currently using a d3100 and now I want a ff haha!

Have you used a 35mm lens yet? I tried out a 50mm and thought it was somewhat restricting on the crop sensor. I loved the high aperture capabilities of it though!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Style 32s on an E28.... :-o I dream about that combo man. You have access to some sick cars, I don't know if they're all yours or friend's but either way, you know what you're doing. Cheers to you man
                  1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
                  1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
                  1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
                  ...And a couple others...

Comment

Originally posted by PuffKevinFizzle View Post
                    ...had some issues with my coupe..

DSC_1489 by kevin.buettgenbach, on Flickr
                    uh oh...rainbow road. Busted pan?

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Currently using a d3100 and now I want a ff haha!

Have you used a 35mm lens yet? I tried out a 50mm and thought it was somewhat restricting on the crop sensor. I loved the high aperture capabilities of it though!
                      I've shot a little with a 35mm 1.8 that a friend of mine has and I really enjoyed it. Nice having a "wider" angle then the 50, always feel like I have to step back a decent amount to get whatever I'm looking at in the frame. However, when i had to choose just one lens to buy I went with the 50mm. Overall I feel like its the most well rounded lens, they don't call it the nifty fifty for nothing!

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
                      Style 32s on an E28.... :-o I dream about that combo man. You have access to some sick cars, I don't know if they're all yours or friend's but either way, you know what you're doing. Cheers to you man
                      Thank you! Yea I'm fortunate enough to have friends that are into cars just as much as I am. And that e28 is for sale now too ;)
                      Originally posted by 325islandhopper View Post
                      uh oh...rainbow road. Busted pan?
                      Double rainbow all the way. Yup, oil pan #3, you'd think I would have learned my lesson by now... Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Comment

3 Oil pans are like $300, one Red46 plate is like $140. Comon man
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          3 Oil pans are like $300, one Red46 plate is like $140. Comon man
                          Oh you mean like this?

A protector can only protect so much. This one did me well for over a year, not complaining one bit, but it doesn't make your pan invincible.
                          Last edited by PuffKevinFizzle; 06-06-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Jesus... Are the roads in Oregon really that bad?

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              Jesus... Are the roads in Oregon really that bad?
                              Well we had a "bad" winter for Oregon standards. The roads got pretty torn up from ignorant people leaving their chains on weeks after the snow was gone and I had to daily the coupe in it... Not ideal. Other than that they're not terrible I suppose. The protector is literally an inch from the ground, so it hits the pavement every time I drive it.

Comment

you running 205/40's?

Comment

Working...
                                X