MPLFoster - 1990 325i - Exporting back to Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPLFoster - 1990 325i - Exporting back to Germany

Just recently picked up a '90 325i with grey interior and automatic trans. Rollin' on bottle-caps and stock suspension. Well, the whole car is stock actually. Just did all the fluids and changed all the coolant hoses. Inspected the suspension and everything checks out. Still can't believe i found this gem for $750 on craigslist...and only 2miles down the road from me!

My plan is to restore/upgrade the suspension and motor, with a goal of making this a kick-ass daily-driver. I will be keeping the M20B25 and strengthening it to withstand boost in the future...maybe a 24v swap, depends on my goals for this in the future.

Suspension will be moderately aggressive and the ZF trans will be swapped out for a getrag 260 later down the line.

But for now im just maintaining my bimmer and enjoying the ride. 8)

picsssssss....

When i first got it..

Last edited by MPLFoster; 05-13-2017, 08:28 AM. Reason: Reasons

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Great find. The rear spoiler looks like a nice piece, might be a Zender?
    My Feedback

Comment

Thanks. I had been searching tirelessly for a clean E30 and was prepared to pay for it. When this one popped up i moved on it fast and snagged it for a steal of a deal...much less than it was listed for..

Not exactly sure who made this spoiler. From my own research im leaning towards it being part of the Hartge (late model?) kit. A quick google search for 'E30 Hartge Spoiler' brings up a few images that look VERY close, if not, exactly like this wing. I've also seen some similar wings branded as 'ACS', although not as many branded as 'Hartge' and they seem to contour to the deck-lid differently. The PO said it had a lip and skirts but they were stolen before he moved here from Georgia. Mentioned they were "options". Beyond that i don't have any solid info on the wing itself.

If anyone has more info on this spoiler i'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

^^^
        Image of a Hartge Spoiler

^^^
        Image of a Zender Spoiler

My spoiler does NOT have center supports. It mounts to the trunk lid on either side. So im pretty sure it's Hartge. Someone know any better?

Comment

Congrats on the nice find.
          NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
          9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
          WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
          STÄTUS|
          Got Juice?|

Comment

$750?! FUUUUUUU

But seriously, that's a steal and that car looks minty.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanE30 View Post
              Congrats on the nice find.
              Thank you, sir.

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
              $750?! FUUUUUUU

But seriously, that's a steal and that car looks minty.
              Right?! He had it listed for $2100 the first time i saw it, then for $1800 the next time. Then the third time he listed it for $1500 and the ad said "NEED TO SELL". So i called the guy and met up with him in the AM and after some serious haggling i had it in my name by noon. He had recently registered it in WA so the title was fresh. I asked him to 'gift' it to me. "No problem", he said. BOOM! No taxes due at registration...ever. Pretty sweet deal made even sweeter.

Comment

Anyone know of a high-quality, off-the-shelf adapter to go from 4x100 to 4x114.3? All i can find so far are cheap eBay specials. I prefer top quality name brands so i won't have to worry about balancing issues or stress loads. I take long trips often and i won't stand for any wheel shimmy or out-of-balance issues. No thicker than 1" preferred.

If no off-the-shelf options are available, then are there custom options out there? If so, who makes them?

Thanks for any assistance.

These are the wheels i'd like to make work on my car...

Epsilon Southern Ways Mesh

Comment

Originally posted by 325islandhopper View Post
                  http://phatputer.orconhosting.net.nz/bmwoct2.jpg
                  ^^^
                  Image of a Hartge Spoiler

^^^
                  Image of a Zender Spoiler

My spoiler does NOT have center supports. It mounts to the trunk lid on either side. So im pretty sure it's Hartge. Someone know any better?
                  I grabbed this at a Pick-N-Pull, and was told it's a Pfeba fake.

Yours look similar, could be an orig. Pfeba maybe?

Nice find btw, and great price!

EDIT: Now that I looked at the Hartge spoiler, that looks more like it. Nice score!

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                  2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

good start looking forward to the build
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conki View Post
                      I grabbed this at a Pick-N-Pull, and was told it's a Pfeba fake.

Yours look similar, could be an orig. Pfeba maybe?

Nice find btw, and great price!

EDIT: Now that I looked at the Hartge spoiler, that looks more like it. Nice score!
                      Thanks dude.

After some research last night i found that Hartge stamps the underside of the spoiler with their logo...

duuuhhhh...i feel dumb for not inspecting it more thoroughly. Shitty pic but you can still see it says Hartge...

So yes, it is confirmed, i have an authentic Hartge rear spoiler.

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                      good start looking forward to the build
                      Thanks. Won't be too exciting since i'll just be maintaining it till im in a position to really modify it. I do love a good drop and a nice set of wheels on all my cars...so you can expect that sooner than later.

Comment

Ima slut for good lights. Bought these with the intention of retrofitting a proper full-size projector and running D2S HIDs for max output. That won't be till later. I'll run halogens for the time being...

Comment

Washed, buffed and waxed my car. Still kinda dull but a damn sight better than before. Still need to detail the engine bay and interior...

Needs lip bad

Need to straighten out the lower valence out as well..

Comment

I so gelly!

Mike

Comment

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_adapters_pop.html
                              These are what most guys are running adapter wise. They can do custom sizes and everything else looks like they would run you $240 thats not bad
                              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                              COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
                              X