m52 swap with e34 wiring harness electronic spark problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m52 swap with e34 wiring harness electronic spark problem

hi there, i just finished a m52b28 swap on my 325i 87 and i got a problem on the battery terminal.if i connect the 2 wire from the e34 wiring harness,i got electric spark on the positif(red) connection on the battery.if i just plug the 2 wires from the fuse box(e30) everything is fine.i don't understand why it doesn't work when i connect the 2 wires from the e34 wiring harness(i tried to switch them but also doesn't work).can somebody help me with it please?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by babine810; 11-18-2014, 08:16 PM.

One of them maybe a ground. On the e36 harness one is a ground as i found out when doing my swap.

Comment

Cut back the sheathing and see what color they are it.

Comment

The red one is brown/orange and the green one is 2 big brown

Comment

Well usually in the BMW world brown means ground.

Comment

Not so ninja edit. This info was completely useless.
            Last edited by mpowerful; 11-19-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

He needs to know what an OBDII harness looks like?

Comment

My bad i dont know where i got e34 out of that. Anyway well theres always etms at wedophones haha.

Comment

I swap obdI.but did i need to unplug one and let it loose or i absolutely need to plug the 2 wires from the e34 harness?or i need to plug the 2 wires in a other place?

Comment

Originally posted by babine810 View Post
                    The red one is brown/orange and the green one is 2 big brown
                    Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
                    Well usually in the BMW world brown means ground.

:up:

Originally posted by babine810 View Post
                    I swap obdI.but did i need to unplug one and let it loose or i absolutely need to plug the 2 wires from the e34 harness?or i need to plug the 2 wires in a other place?
                    you definitely need your grounds, grounded. If you havent changed anything from the pic, I would remove the big brown wires from the "+" junction box and ground them.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      :up:

you definitely need your grounds, grounded. If you havent changed anything from the pic, I would remove the big brown wires from the "+" junction box and ground them.
                      Aright! Hope is gonna work thanks !!

Comment

i finally finish to connect the wires in the good places.now i got a other problem.the fuel pump look like it doesn't work.when i try to start the car,no fuel come from the feed line hose to the injector.also i don't hear any ''click'' from the relay when i turn the key.sooi'm gonna change the relay and if it doesn't work it's probably the fuel pump -_-'

Comment

Simple check for power at the pump will tell you if the pump is bad, don't be one of those people that it throws parts at it trying to fix stuff.

Comment

fine.my fuel pump is working.i have fuel going to the rail,voltage on coils(12-10v) but no fire on sparks plug? i tested if the coils pack making electric spark with a tester and nothing. i don't understand?and someone tell me because the crank position sensor(making 520 ohms) is fitted on the flywheel not on the damper can be a trouble.is that true?
                            Last edited by babine810; 11-25-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X