• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photos look like a BMW brochure. Awesome work
    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by PJH View Post
      BMW did put one of those on there in Europe :)

Euro-318is'es all had the M-badge as the car was on an M-tech suspension
      hmmmmm not true...
      Still nice build. Was going to suggest priming the oil pump before hand but it appears there were no issues with building oil press.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Car looks. VEry nice

Comment

great looking car, nice engine size for DD, and great photo shoot skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
            hmmmmm not true...
            I really wonder who is right about this. I have seen brochures from Germany that had the M on the car, I can pictures of tests in magazines that don't have the M on the car.

This totally confuses me.

If the M badge was not on the cars, unless on the M3, then why was the badge invented in the first place?

Comment

I audibly said holy shit when I saw those finished engine photos. An inspiration to M42 owners everywhere.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Wow, just wow. I hope I can do the same for my m42 someday.

Comment

Comment

Small update on this car: it's doing great :) First 4000 km (2500 miles) are on the engine and all is well. Small oil leak to report (1 droplet on the ground after winterstorage), so I will get that sorted, but apart from that everything is a-okay.

A new set of Kumho KU36's are now also on the car. Good to have some traction again :)

Comment

For those that noticed, the licenseplate is now different as well. Had to say goodbye to my DTM combination :( In belgium you have to turn in your plates if you immobilize your car for winter.

Do have plates now with my initials on them, and that is also rather cool. In Belgium you normally can't choose the combination, so I am happy with that :) It's all in the details.

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

It sounds as if it wants ITB's and a higher revlimit :D

Comment

Originally posted by PJH View Post
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZTSP0-n8oQ

It sounds as if it wants ITB's and a higher revlimit :D
                          Sounds like it already has ITB's :P

Lovely car my friend, a 318is is special. I want to get one someday, my 325is is nice but something so special about a 318is..

Comment

ATR-3350 in the inlet. Hero 2 as a recorder.

Some more of the noise. This is pure inlet noise, with a microphone inserted in the inlet, right infront of the air filter.

For the people really paying attention to the noise, you can notice two things:
                            - Grinding noise off throttle: this is the sound of the chain and the valvetrain. In real life you don't really hear this, but the microphone is sensitive and adjusts the volume automatically. Normally I wouldn't want this, but the gopro does it on its own. (So loud noise, less amplification, little noise, more amplification)

- You can hear squeeking sounds. They are best audible when I open the throttle, or when I am giving it a minimal amount of throttle (like at 1.26-1.27). This is ofcourse not a blow off valve or anything, it's just the sound of the airflow when the inletvalve is barely open.

Comment

Those pictures are now my computer background. Very nice.

Good to see it used as it should be too
                              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Hello there, fellow Belgian!

Car looks awesome! Great work on the engine too, gotta love all the pictures!
                                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X