Z3 Radiator into E30 Mounting question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 Radiator into E30 Mounting question.

Hi, I'm fitting an aluminum z3 rad into my E30 for my swap. Just wondering what people have done for mounting brackets? These rads use a different style mounting point on the sides. Anyone know if there are pre made metal brackets I can weld in or do they have to be custom made?

Pic attached.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by synergy141 View Post
    Hi, I'm fitting an aluminum z3 rad into my E30 for my swap. Just wondering what people have done for mounting brackets? These rads use a different style mounting point on the sides. Anyone know if there are pre made metal brackets I can weld in or do they have to be custom made?

Pic attached.

Thanks.
    Assuming you have a late model E30 that should mount just like stock. Rubber bumpers and all.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Yep, if it doesn't slot right in, you probably have an early model like me. I bought the brackets from BMW assuming the frame rails are all the same and the brackets would weld right on. That was not the case so I had to modify the brackets quite a bit. If I were you, I would just make the mounts from scratch.

Comment

It's an M3 so it's the early model mounts on the bottom.

I am probably just going to make the mounts and somehow use the factory black plastic mounts that are used with these.

Comment

It's an M3 so it's the early model mounts on the bottom.

I am probably just going to make the mounts and somehow use the factory black plastic mounts that are used with these.
          That's essentially what I did. I had to modify the brackets I ordered from BMW a lot to make them work on my frame rails.

Comment

I had mine mounted in my early iX before I robbed it for my late iS, and it fit on the mounts on the bottom of the rad support nicely. Somehow it doesn't fit as nicely on the late model cup style mounts, but I think that's just a defect in my rad.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Took this pic from a late E30 today. Does anyone know if you can still order this metal mount from bmw? It would be great if I could order two and weld them on.

EDIT: Real oem shows two brackets I'm not sure if it's them though. #14 and #15 in the diagram.

Attached Files

Comment

Took this pic from a late E30 today. Does anyone know if you can still order this metal mount from bmw? It would be great if I could order two and weld them on.

EDIT: Real oem shows two brackets I'm not sure if it's them though. #14 and #15 in the diagram.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=41_0150
                Yeah, I ordered those brackets. They didn't fit well so I ended up modifying them heavily.

edit: They didn't fit at all. Like the frame rails had been changed from early to late cars.

Comment

Working...
                X