america's next civil war coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makeshift View Post
    To the children slinging names at eachother, you must not understand. This isn't about you. Let go of your ego and focus on the truth. The truth is that our government has been dishonest. Ever heard of operation northwoods or the gulf of tokin incident in the early 1960's? I recommend doing a bit of research. Currently there is a truth movement sweeping across America. All we want is the truth, because without it we can't know what our government's true motives are. And with CIA projects like mk ultra, it's scary to wonder.
    Yes, Operation Northwoods wasn't allowed to happen when brought to the President.

Not to mention, what does this have to do with the lazy American Idol watching American public inciting an "armed revolution" against the current tyrants in office.

This yearning by some of the extreme right for armed conflict just goes to show, who has and hasn't actually been to war, and also, that a real war has never been on American soil in any of our lifetimes.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Life goes on, everybody is to blame, you vote, you complain, how can you expect 1000 lawyers to run a country as big as the USA? Insiders could care less about the common people. This country is in turmoil and will only realize it after some serious government changes. Corruption is rampant, and the people are just as bad, sorry hope this helps. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Yes, Operation Northwoods wasn't allowed to happen when brought to the President.

Not to mention, what does this have to do with the lazy American Idol watching American public inciting an "armed revolution" against the current tyrants in office.

This yearning by some of the extreme right for armed conflict just goes to show, who has and hasn't actually been to war, and also, that a real war has never been on American soil in any of our lifetimes.
        You're right. JFK denied the proposal. Then what happened the following year? He was assassinated. Then after that? The gulf of tokin incident, which is essentially what was proposed in operation northwoods; a false act of terrorism against our own country to justify going to war to fight communism. This is relevant because of the recent, seemingly pointless, acts of terror in our country.

And I don't think the lazy American idol watching Americans are part of the revolution. Most of them are too brainwashed to consider other types of resources than the mainstream media for news or information. I'd say the people inciting an armed revolution against our tyrannical government would be similar to the protestors from occupy wall St.; informed patriots who yearn to defend our constitutional rights, not just go to war.

Comment

To the children slinging names at eachother, you must not understand. This isn't about you. Let go of your ego and focus on the truth. The truth is that our government has been dishonest. Ever heard of operation northwoods or the gulf of tokin incident in the early 1960's? I recommend doing a bit of research. Currently there is a truth movement sweeping across America. All we want is the truth, because without it we can't know what our government's true motives are. And with CIA projects like mk ultra, it's scary to wonder.
          Project MK Ultra comes to mind as well...

Your point is that the Government is untrustworthy, and willing to use unethical tactics and shady business to suppress its citizens...

On the flipside, the government needs to play dirty and fight unethically. When so many countries and enemies hate you. It's the reason we began as a country, and the reason we are still major force.

Knowing this, its citizens want the truth or rebel against their perceived oppression, but when we slay the beast, and are left with the consequences will we be able to handle the truths? Will we be able to deal with the true nature of what the world really is like?

I don't like government oppression, I believe in proper freedom. But, I'm also aware of how the government desensitizes its citizens so they have the comfort of not knowing how twisted the world actually is. The things they cover up from us, keep us in the dark about so many of us feel safe in our beds at night. The government plays dirty, but also keeps the dirty work from scaring the citizens.

Simply put, most citizens couldn't handle the truth about the world, and would rather be ignorant of it.

I don't have a bunch of internet links to play with the heavy hitters, just my opinion and speculation like everyone else.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post

I don't like government oppression, I believe in proper freedom. But, I'm also aware of how the government desensitizes its citizens so they have the comfort of not knowing how twisted the world actually is. The things they cover up from us, keep us in the dark about so many of us feel safe in our beds at night. The government plays dirty, but also keeps the dirty work from scaring the citizens.

Simply put, most citizens couldn't handle the truth about the world, and would rather be ignorant of it.

As somebody that's spent the last decade working for the government, YUP.

Comment

You're right. JFK denied the proposal. Then what happened the following year? He was assassinated. Then after that? The gulf of tokin incident, which is essentially what was proposed in operation northwoods; a false act of terrorism against our own country to justify going to war to fight communism. This is relevant because of the recent, seemingly pointless, acts of terror in our country.
              JFK was assassinated because he wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Wait !! hold on guys...Let me just reach in here and grab my tin foil hat...Ok ready begin away with the theories :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                  The things they cover up from us, keep us in the dark about so many of us feel safe in our beds at night. The government plays dirty, but also keeps the dirty work from scaring the citizens.

I admire your honesty, and I agree that a number of Americans would rather be ignorant and live in their own fantasy. But I am not like them, and the world doesn't have to be dark and twisted. Now, it obviously wont change over night, but ignoring it is a choice which ultimately sides with the government's unethical practices.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  JFK was assassinated because he wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve.
                  I was just stating facts, whether you infer that I was suggesting that he was assassinated because of his denial of operation northwoods, that's on you.

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
                    Wait !! hold on guys...Let me just reach in here and grab my tin foil hat...Ok ready begin away with the theories :hitler:
                    If you don't care enough to have an open mind and at least consider a theory, why are you even posting here? :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by sumoashe View Post
                      Can we please have a discussion where people don't use founding father quotes, or related things. I want to know what people here think, not what a dead man said 200 years ago. Beyond the fact that any statement made by them can be warped to fit any view you want it to, making it pointless.

The scary part comes in terms of line drawing.
                      Who falls on what side of the line?
                      Who's and what ideals are we fighting for?
                      Who are we fighting against?
                      Where does it stop?

The main question I have for people advocating for this is who exactly do you want to kill? Remember, were not talking a foreign enemy here, were talking your neighbor's, friends, family. Are you willing to kill someone you know because their views differ from yours?
                      Mr.Sleeve already said it; they still hold relevancy. If you believe that the past doesn't hold any weight then you have bigger problems than worrying about a hypothetical situation, hilariously btw, on an a 'political' forum.

We're already living in a narrative. The only likely scenario I see is people not giving a shit and just making it public that they own you. Since you made a what if civil war? thread on r3v, you'll most likely be too scared to do anything about it otherwise.

Is that what you want to hear?

Honestly? No one knows whats happening anymore or why. If a civil war ever happened here it would definitely not be for the reasons you would think it's for. In that case, it's best not to worry about such a what if? beyond looking out for yourself and the people you love.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        ^

What those "dead men" thought is what many of us still think. The founders are as important today as they were 240 years ago if not more so. People like you are the primary reason why, that discount them and write them off because it happened a long time ago, and has no bearing on our modern life. Hate to brake it too you but those dead me have huge influence on your life right this very second and the fact we can even discuss such topics from our arm chairs a 1000 miles apart at our leisure is directly attributed to them.

We just want to be left the hell alone and to live our lives and not be hasseled at every turn by an over reaching, overbearing, govt.

Free men wish to always live free
                        THIS!
                        Fucking this.

Why do people think what our country was founded on is outdated and useless?

It worked for 200 years just fine. But over the last 40 or so we have exponentially grown in debt, and out government is getting way too large.

The founding fathers set up a system of checks and balances. One of the biggest checks being the people. That seems to be totally forgotten these days. The government sees us as a revenue source and not a threat to their power or that they are there to serve us.

So, if we have a new civil war, I believe it will be between the people and the government. Not between friends and family or north vs south.
                        1991 335is in progress

Comment

So, why does our Judicial system almost base decisions in entirety on precedent instead of actual Constitutional Law?

Because it's easier to blame your failure to uphold law on someone else's previous decisions than it is to be a man and stand up for the letter of the LAW.

Comment

How have you determined that the Judicial system is "almost base decisions in entirety on precedent"?

Comment

Because as long as the government can get away with breaking the law, they're protected by law to keep on breaking it?

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                                How have you determined that the Judicial system is "almost base decisions in entirety on precedent"?

Maybe by this you dolt.

American law is based on the principle of precedent, meaning that if a court has already ruled on a given legal issue and another case arises with the same legal issue, the holding in the previous case will be applied to the new case. The use of precedents helps to promote stability in the legal system, as all parties are given notice as to the current state of the law. Adhering to the use of precedent is also known as the doctrine of stare decisis (Latin: "it stands decided")

Suck it. Hard and slow. Don't forget to cup the balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X