Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running an aluminum intake boot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running an aluminum intake boot ?

I've lowkey been thinking of purchasing one to make the engine bay look a bit more cleaner but what are your guy's thoughts ? I read that the aluminum will actually keep the sucked in air cooler than a regular oem boot. I could imagine that this aluminum boot along with a refurbished AFM from Greg AND a CAI from Kameron would definitely make a difference in keeping your temp gauge on the cool side and have some smoother pulls..

FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
    My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

What's a better heat conductor, metal or rubber?

Also, the whole intake manifold is aluminium. The aluminum elbow definitely won't crack as easy.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Use a silicone hose if you want it to look nicer. There is no pros in using aluminium but there are cons
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Intake boot is meant to be flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          Use a silicone hose if you want it to look nicer. There is no pros in using aluminium but there are cons
          I've had no luck finding a silicone intake boot for my eta unfortunately that is why I've been looking at the aluminium one..
          ...and one pro for an aluminium intake boot is that it won't crack like mentioned above.
          FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
          My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

Just get a stock one they won't crack for along time it takes years and years for the rubber to deteriorate my guess is well past your ownership. The original rubber elbow is designed to allow flex between the engine and body. If your not running boost keep it standard
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
            X