No announcement yet.

I can stop the hunt for my dream e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are all these 240whp M52s? because I've looked, and I haven't seen one. 220whp seems more likely and even those are few and far between. plus the M30 is going to kill an m52 when it comes to torque.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

dont know if torque is the best thing for guys who live in a place with snow on the ground majority of the year...
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I am building another e30 for winter, I also have the QSW for winter use. This gold mine is living in the shop when the snow is on the ground. But then again it didnt really snow much this year, the first snow was late december (usually before halloween there is a foot on the ground) and it melted a month ago. Usually the snow is here until April. The worst part is thr gravel they lay down, until the street sweepers hit rocks just get hucked at your car.

Comment

Awesome color, has a 316 in this color
          sigpic

Comment

Update: head rebuilding

Sticking with the M20 right now because of how clean and fresh the motor is. For easy access with the head off, I am going to do the 5speed swap with 3.91 LSD before put the motor back together. This will also buy me time to find a cam.

She broke a timing belt and before I got ahold of her and the dealer and installed all new oem intake valves and had it pressure tested. Stoked!

Here is the cam sprocket cam damage.

And this is why you dont use Fram filters and change your oil on time, can't wait to see what the oil pan/pickup tube looks like.

Now its time to tear apart the donor head to steal the cam and rockers. First though I'll take a cruise through the classifieds in search of a cam

I have an excellent condition e21 3.91 LSD (yeah, the rare one) I would be willing to trade for some parts, shoot me a msg if you fancy that type of a deal.

Cheers from Ak!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              where are all these 240whp M52s? because I've looked, and I haven't seen one. 220whp seems more likely and even those are few and far between. plus the M30 is going to kill an m52 when it comes to torque.
              True, mine made 225whp with S52 cams and a tune, but basically stock otherwise. Im sure theres more in it as the entire exhaust system is OEM and a custom tune could help maximize it.

OP. This is one of (if not my total) my favorite colors for the E30. Congrats
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

OP. This is one of (if not my total) my favorite colors for the E30. Congrats[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is my favorite color as well. To find a one owner (sweet old lady) garaged/auto trans with 119k on it is surreal. What wheels would you go with? Right now I have some ix wheels on it with spacers (to make them fit, not to widen the stance) and it looks pretty damn good. I think some OZ racing in gold would look amazing. I'll have to wash her up and bust out the photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                X