Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Opinions On the Value of this awesome E30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E92E30Nut View Post
    OK let's start fresh
    I AM NOT AN E30 GURU. I AM NOT ADVERTISING THIS CAR FOR SALE...ANY PRICES?

You posted in the Cars For Sale/Wanted Sub-Forum. If the car is not for sale, this belongs in General Discussion.

Furthermore, yes, it may be rare to you, but with what you have provided to us, it is not all that rare. Trying to call it a factory racecar is a tough one, and nobody is gonna buy that. Did a new car go to TC Kline to get worked up, yes. We are not debating that, but this is not coming off as a 'factory racecar'.

I'm using Google-Fu, it looks like J. Pauley(EDIT: Ron Pauley, owner), who owns a Toyota dealership, and went to Bob Bondurant school likely had this car put together without expenses spared, am I correct so far? Likely back when the car was brand new. Still correct? Likely, it's been sitting in a warehouse owned by said individual, still correct?

(My assumption of you being a car salesman jumped up two or three notches...)

What I'm not understanding is why such a rare racecar with such an assumed pedigree would have the need for all sorts of stuff to be replaced. Why was the cage replaced, what was wrong with the fuel system, and why would someone with a dealership at their disposal have a bunch of other cooks in the kitchen to re-do this car.
    Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 06-01-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

All I was saying was that it looks like a stock BMW was bought and sent to TC to prepare it to race in the firehawk series, that dosent make it a factory prepared car nor any different then any other well built track car. Have you tried contacting TC about the car? He is a very nice individual , I've met him many times and been at his California shop.

Comment

Learn more about BaT Exclusive: IMSA Firehawk 1987 BMW 325is on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Looks to be the answer the OP was looking for, kind of anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          http://bringatrailer.com/2010/04/04/...987-bmw-325is/

Looks to be the answer the OP was looking for, kind of anyway.
          Sort of I think, that car on Bringatrailer 'looks' way better prepared IMHO.

Comment

Ya that is what a factory backed effort would look like. I say the op car is worth half if that

Comment

Of note is that the car I posted had modifications and upgrades beyond Firehawk rules, and was 'restored' and cleaned up. If the OP could provide details and images to show that his car is either still to IMSA Firehawk specs, or was modified above and beyond that point, it could help.

Claiming he has the 'only originally race prepped 325iS FROM THE FACTORY' that he can find, well, I just found one that exists, making his no longer the ONLY one.

Now, is his the sister to the car I posted? I'm not sure on that, but he will likely chime in and share some more info.

Comment

OK let's start fresh
                I AM NOT AN E30 GURU. I AM NOT ADVERTISING THIS CAR FOR SALE...ANY PRICES?
                I am merely a fellow car enthusiast who has a rare and neat car wanting opinions.
                I was unaware that I needed an E30 Doctoral to discuss cars on this forum. That's why I am here asking for knowledgeable and hopefully PROFESSIONAL opinions, not children waiting behind their keyboards ready to bash a stranger at a moments notice.
                I am currently gathering info on this car and when I have it all ready it will be here and hopefully someone who knows far more than I and also has some common courtesy will attempt to tell me exactly what this car is and what this cars worth. All that I do know and I can understand that it is only worthless words on a page at this point, is that this car runs better than any new BMW I've ever driven and is in great condition especially given its age. It was only "freshened up because it is a fucking 20+ year old car and when they have been sitting, even climate controlled, they SHOULD be updated with the latest safety and performance parts in order to meet current racing regs...

For those REAL HARDCORE E30 enthusiast out there, not these ignorant rude posers, will hopefully appreciate the fact that this a car you don't see everyday and won't see ever again in this exact configuration. I was expecting an excited and group of people that haven't seen an original BMW racer like this recently. So anyone who doesn't feel like being positive or helpful I would appreciate not ridiculing for no reason other than to be a douche.

OK now that that's out of the way I can write something directed to the REAL and classy enthusiast in which I am seeking information.
                This car was sent from the factory as a 325is DIRECTLY to TC KLINE and prepared from there.
                I will have much more info (engine designation, transmission, suspension etc.) posted very soon. Plus some more detailed pics.

Thanks to those who are here for the right reasons
                I don't mean to feed the fire but you are way out of line with this post. You wanted opinions and while it may not be what you wanted to hear, you're are getting real unadulterated feedback. This is r3v, and this is as real as it gets. I don't know why you posted if only to give us little tidbits of information.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

OP, are you Ron Pauley or an employee of his?

Maybe introducing yourself and starting over might help. Of note, I am not a 'children waiting behind their keyboards ready to bash a stranger at a moments notice", I'm a guy trying to get information from you to assist in your line of questioning because it looks like I know more about e30's than you as of right now, but you could prove me wrong.

Comment

Firstly to answer one ignorant comment from Farbin Kaiber.:
                    if you owned a Toyota dealership would you seriously consider letting a Toyota tech straight out of WyoTech touch your original BMW racecar? That's honestly quite hilarious that I'm being word raped by an idiot who would think that's an OK idea...WOW!
                    This car has been cared for by the best PERIOD. Would you go to a veterinarian to have brain surgery???

Secondly, I am not a car salesman, although not an unjust inference.

Thirdly, No I am not Ron and I am not an employee of his. I am a friend of his looking for the correct value of this car. BTW Great find Farbin I had looked BAT and never saw that.

Fourthly, and I'm so very sorry to anyone reading this who isn't an asshat, I didn't intend nor did I ever precisely state that I HAD THE ONLY 325is FACTORY RACE CAR EVER CREATED IN THE HISTORY OF BMW...EVER. I merely stated that this is the only one of its kind that I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND. TRUE STATEMENT.

Because of that BAT find Now I know approximately what the value would be given that this is in fact the sister car in that level of restoration. The BAT car is nicer and appears to have been restored to a higher level than this one although our car is far less modified from original. I dig the Warsteiner livery though..damn that's awesome

Would a more original car be worth more or less in this case?

What a gorgeous 325 that is on BAT. Ok now we are getting somewhere. Everyone got their panties in a wod it we are on to something now.

To be honest I had no idea I was jumping into a bee hive and I admit I didn't bring a lot of info. to the table but Instill don't agree with the way some of you handled it. Wanting information is different than being a classless asshole.

So now hopefully all of the ignorant arguing over facts that none of you experts (Farbin Kaiber) no absolutely nothing about and all of the assumptions like I am in a law suit can be over and we can talk cars..

I joined this forum to talk BMW 325s THATS IT. I am a very busy person and I still am shocked that I spent half an hour arguing about things that non of you actually know and are just apparently on here to sound smarter than the next guy, which is not what I am about. I'm about awesome cars and awesome people who love awesome cars. I am done with the arguing and hopefully anyone else who is involved will wise up and be done too.

So from here I am going to look into getting some hard evidence of this car being sister to BAT offering in 2010 by calling TC KLINE and anyone who ever worked on the car. Almost positive it is the sister car but once I have documentation it won't be disputable and that will give the closest comparable sell out there, somehow taking the condition and new work that's been done into account.

Thanks for finding the sister car that sold that is the first time I have seen anything close to what this car is and now it makes more since considering their were only 2 built of this spec.

Sorry about all the bullshit to anyone not being an ass and I hope you guys who are here for the right reasons can enjoy the car and help me find out what it TRULY IS and what ITS TRULY VALUED AT
                    Last edited by E92E30Nut; 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Absolutely no shame about lying and contradicting yourself, while being perfectly ready to attack anyone who calls you on it? Definitely a salesman.

And just so you are aware, some of these 'ignorant kids' you are getting all worked up over are some of the most knowledgeable people you can find..

There are plenty of people here not just involved in motorsports and racing e30's, but also people heavily involved in vintage racing.

You came to this forum, likely for the expertise of its members, but then get upset when they have news you didn't want to hear?

Comment

how is a TC Kline built car a factory race car ?
                        and please educate us as to who are the people that worked on this and who are supposedly the best in the industry.
                        who are the top hands in the industry for classic bimmers and E30s ?

why is this in the FS section ?

Definitely a salesman indeed.

Comment

Fourthly, and I'm so very sorry to anyone reading this who isn't an asshat, I didn't intend nor did I ever precisely state that I HAD THE ONLY 325is FACTORY RACE CAR EVER CREATED IN THE HISTORY OF BMW...EVER. I merely stated that this is the only one of its kind that I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND. TRUE STATEMENT.
                          I have the only 318is in Lazarblau Metallic.
                          I haven't looked for any, so therefore it's the only one, right?
                          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Not sure why every single person here has some sort of holier than thou syndrome.
                            I came here because of the activity and figured somewhere here EXPERTS existed. I did not however come here to start trouble or argue over nonsense.
                            Does being an expert in your field require being rude?

I have YET to see ANY information here that could be considered useful. Not sure if people are only here to verify their almighty E30 intelligence or what but no one seems to be giving any info worth a damn other than:

I am apparently a salesman
                            I am claiming that I have a ONE OF KIND EVER BUILT car
                            I am now lying and then admitting it

What news are you speaking of? Only news I am seeing is that the people here are very rude and apparently looking for someone to call WRONG.

I have never joined a community of such hostility..you guys take your stuff wayyy too seriously. These cars are our passion. Not life or death.

Maybe if someone would ASK a question before assuming and falsely stating untrue things that have nothing to do with a car...

Comment

If one cared about their dealership, why would it be staffed by a bunch of kids from WyoTech? Lastly, if there was no useful information, then why was my quick Google search of such value? I could go deeper and carry on, but the OP is of no consequence to me, so I'll just watch this thread from the bleachers here on out.

Comment

Ok here's a question...how the hell would I go about putting this in another section?
                                I wasn't prepared to be put to death for posting this in the sale section..posted it here because I was inquiring about a price in order to possibly sell the car at some point to some one. You are all extremely good at damning someone for a minor and honest mistake but not good at anything relevant from what I can tell thus far.

What have I done to this point that is so wrong? I told the exact truth about what I was looking for and what I already know about E30s, which isn't much at all compared to some out there and I was the first to admit that. How did doing that get to this point? I looked for a damn week to find ANY 325 like this one..come to find out only 30 mins ago that the ONLY other car that exists EXACTLY LIKE THIS ORIGINALLY is in a post from 4 years ago on BAT.

Come on guys you are douches for sure and it's sucks because this could have and SHOULD have been constructive.

Comment

Working...
                                X