Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Opinions On the Value of this awesome E30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP, you're new here, and you're new to e30s, and that's cool. Everyone has to start somewhere. So two things you need to know. 1) You joined r3v. This isn't e30tech, mye28, or bimmerforums. R3v will be very harsh if you act like an idiot and the only way to get past it is to apologize and try to move one. (which it looks like you're doing) 2) Look at people's post count and join date, that indicates hoe long these people have been messing with e30s and how knowledgeable they are.

Back on topic, it looks like a decent car, it just doesn't look spectacular. Do you have any pictures of the engine or any other information about the car? Without specifics about the car and the work done to it, it is just another stripped down track rat that happens to still be in good condition. I think that is the point that people were trying to make, it doesn't matter what people claim about a car if you can't prove the parts are there. So any help or opinions people offered would be unfounded.

But good luck to you! I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet...
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

sub'd for more lol's and more pictures

Comment

What a shit show this thread is. OP you need something to calm your nerves or something.

Documentation is everything. You should know that.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by E92E30Nut View Post
          It was only "freshened up because it is a fucking 20+ year old car and when they have been sitting, even climate controlled, they SHOULD be updated with the latest safety and performance parts in order to meet current racing regs...
          Maybe the performance parts are great.

Most of the safety equipment is missing. The remainder of the equipment is neither current nor modern. You can't race this car in most sanctioning bodies in the US. Since there is a logbook, there is a small, small chance you could run this vehicle with it's cage if it were to be grandfathered in.

- The cage doesn't have x-bars in the doors.
          - The main hoop does not terminate in anything that resembles a floor plate of the requisite size.
          - The rear bars terminate on the rear wheelhousings, which is not a structural member of the car
          - There is no fire suppression, required for many wheel-to-wheel organizations
          - There are no current SFI / FIA seats or harnesses installed

No scrutineer would pass this car if it had to be re-teched.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Come on guys you are douches for sure and it's sucks because this could have and SHOULD have been constructive.
            Here to be said Douche.

Comment

I am having a hard time finding any other E30 for sale to compare this car to.
              This is a TC KLINE built 325is specifically prepared for IMSA/Firehawk series when the car was new. Barely used/raced, Never tagged, rust free and recently refreshed to better than original condition. Mostly original other than new fuel cell, built motor, cam, fresh cage, tranny w/short throw shifter, old school 3 piece wheels/slicks and much more. All work was done by the best in the business (engine, cage, tuning, suspension) with NO EXPENSE SPARED mainly on the motor internals and suspension. This car has a short but very sweet SCCA log book having won nearly every race it's entered recently although it has only been ran numerous times. Not exactly sure on mileage but it is hard to believe its much considering its only ever been a racing car and never raced a lot of races.

This thing starts every single time with one push of starter button and runs so strong and lopes like a cammed LS motor. It has been meticulously maintained and operates at the highest level of any classic racecar I've personally driven. It Screams!

I don't have all of the information on this car YET so bare with me. If anyone knows anything about this car please let me know as I am trying to gather info from the past and out the puzzle together. Any tip is appreciated.

Since I have nothing to compare it to as far as being an originally race prepped 325is FROM THE FACTORY that I can seem to find I would greatly appreciate some of your highly knowledgable opinions and experience in this specific model of BMW.

I know I said I'm out, but what confuses me is where the OP claims in the OP that a 'fresh cage' is part of the refreshing.
              Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 06-02-2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                I know I said I'm out, but what confuses me is where the OP claims in the OP that a 'fresh cage' is part of the refreshing.
                That cage would not even meet lemons or chumps specs 5 years ago.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I know nothing about race prepped e30s. But I do know a little bit about r3v.... ok a lot, and this thread is worthless without Lorin.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I understand that this is a vintage car prepared along time ago for racing. Once everyone else understands that and quits writing the same shit and assuming bc of the beginning of this thread that I am completely ignorant this will be much more productive. A few people have figured that out and I thank them for that.
                    I am in the process of gathering all the info from the past 20 years of this cars life as a racing car. I realize it is not to today's standards safety wise. It does have proper FIA seat and harness just not in pics (that is a temp seat and wheel used to push around shop and load in trailer)
                    Once I get all the necessary info I will be curious to know what can be modified and added to qualify at today's safety regs.
                    Digging up info as we speak so hopefully by the end of the week I will have a lot more to go off of..until then anyone commenting negatively is wasting breath and time. We are past that point even though it appears a lot of people here are foaming at the mouth for an opportunity to insult or belittle someone.
                    Hope I have all the juicy details soon and when I do we can put this puzzle together

Comment

So, you are saying the cage wasn't replaced in this no expense spared refresh you spoke of?

Comment

You know what I need?
                        A nice 3-2.5 in the little rock area... 1200 to 1700 square feet, quartz countertops... maybe one of those fancy concrete ponds....
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sad that this thread died. I was hoping that op was going to claim the car had been owned by Elvis, or driven to the moon by Buzz Aldren, or cured agoraphobia. Surely there must be more absurd claims to be made about the amazingness of this car!

Comment

Really, this started off terrible, but I'm actually glad it started heading in the right direction (as much fun as flaming is, really haha). I'd have to agree with Andy.B above, I'd really like to see what happened here. Is the thread dead? OP, did you dig up any information from TC? Are you going to post more pics? I'd kill to see the suspension set-up or maybe some undercarriage/bay shots. Revealing the history of this car would be super cool. Anyways, GL OP, hope you found what you were looking for, and post an update! I need closure!!!!!

Also, welcome to r3v douchebag. ;) haha

1984 318i (w/ delicious M50 powa)
                            Produktionsdatum: 03.10.1983
                            Außenfarbe: Achatgruen Metallic (177)

Comment

Listen Walter... Can you find me a house in the LR area? No? Then you are no help. Would have been awesome to see you at v@v again this year, but alas... Not so much. Next year.
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic

Comment

I have been digging and have found out some rather interesting facts...I did realize in speaking with several old school Bimmer guys that this forum was the exact WRONG place to post a car like this. That was my fault for being ignorant about the crowd here. It was interesting to have personally had written arguments with the smartest people in the BMW world but alas this unimportant and beat up old piece of crap ratty original IMSA/Firehawk prepared car apparently didn't deserve to grace the pages of this extremely cliquey forum. I may end up posting my findings but most likely won't due to what I previously stated...

Probably the wrong place, wrong time and no real reason to share this car with those who just don't get what the car means and stands for. The OG BMW vintage guys are far far more appreciative and willing to help dig up every bit of info on this one. Funny how I am 28 years old and I somehow gain more respect from 50-75 year old car enthusiasts talking on the phone about the car but on this forum got burned at the stake before we could even get started...sad really and many of you should be ashamed of you behavior.

I do want to sincerely thank FOOSHE for being the only decent and reasonable UNDOUCHEY human being here.

Comment

Working...
                                X