The e30 gods have punished me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Wow, that car smells lemony fresh. Looks like you're never buying a car again without a PPI.

Right?

Wait, so what's the point of this car?

Yep, the e30 is fixed.

Im just hoping I can actually fix the car right and sell it for like 15 which is still 1.5k under its KBB value.
    Most of the mechanics who have seen it said it looks like the car rode a curb. So the damage is all like under the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      I agree wholeheartedly that this entire decision was impulsive and really really stupid.

Several points pop up:
      1) Had a budget (not a reasonable budget, of course, especially for a kid in high school), saw something cool, and threw that shit out of the window. Stupid.
      2) Didn't get a PPI on a very serious purchase. Seriously stupid.
      3) Begged and complained at your parents til they eventually caved in. Also stupid.
      4) Now you think you can fix it and sell it for more.

Man, I feel like we are going to see a lot more laugh out loud stories from you in the future. I don't really feel for ya. But good luck, I 'spose.

All 4 of those points are true. Well the whole grinding noise and all that is gone. The control arms are replaced. If I can get a new steering rack in it will be "fixed"
      I definitely dont think I can make money lol regardless I will lose 3-5k hopefully no more.

Comment

You do have a good attitude about it, I'll admit that. Hopefully you'll come out wiser when this is all said and done.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

You should probably just stop making decisions until you're 25.

I agree with Mr E30 though, I'll give you points for attitude. At least you know you're a dumbass. That's far better than being a dumbass and also being completely unaware of it.

Edit: I only read the summary in another thread. Now having read the long version, this sounds fucking sketchy. You should have gotten a PPI but beyond that, I don't think anyone would have expected that car to be so fucked up. Sounds like you can't catch a break. Sorry.

Not a lawyer, but I would think that if you could prove the guy knew of the damage beforehand, and sold it to you as a 100% functional, undamaged car, you would have some recourse there. But then you'll have lawyer fees on top of everything else.
          Last edited by rturbo 930; 05-24-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Your only option I see is to fix the shiny car regardless of the cost, cut your losses and sell it in working condition for the best price you can. Then pay off whatever debt is left as quickly as possible. And if required sell your e30 (if its worth a bit) too to pay debts and buy a cheap boring run about car to get you buy until your finances are in the black.

Life pro tip - NEVER borrow large amounts of money from family to buy cars.

I did what you did at the age of 21, first real job as a rich engineer, 20k bank loan for an S15 Silvia. Nothing wrong with the car, but after 9 months the new car feeling had worn off and i just didn't want the debt. Sold it and got debt free. Much easier on the mind to be debt free at an early age.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              "used to be a dealer"

BOOOM RED FLAG ... no 100% honest used car salesman exists, as far as I am concerned.
              This.

If you need a good, reliable car, the lesson I've learned is to simply find the best one you can that isn't overpriced. Don't get seduced by the "good deal" or anything with a story; if a deal seems too hard to resist then at least get a thorough inspection from an experienced mechanic.
              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                You do have a good attitude about it, I'll admit that. Hopefully you'll come out wiser when this is all said and done.
                I'm guessing he's mellow about it because it's not his money.
                1991 318iC
                1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post

Yep, the e30 is fixed.

Im just hoping I can actually fix the car right and sell it for like 15 which is still 1.5k under its KBB value.
                  Most of the mechanics who have seen it said it looks like the car rode a curb. So the damage is all like under the car.
                  Wow, that's a real thing now? 15k for a car post-crub?

I didn't realize how pour I was until this thread :( At least my E30 is apparently worth like $18k.
                  Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Id be careful how much more you describe your F30 woes, you are losing potential buyers with every few of this thread. Cause if i was in the market for an F30, I know which particular one not to buy.

Not that i'm into false advertising, but if you get it fixed, you wouldn't necessarily go into full detail about the damage it previously had to a potential buyer.....

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                      the car fax guaranteed it was clean or they would buy the car back so no biggie there
                      What about calling carfax about this little tidbit they didn't know about?
                      F80 ///M3 CS
                      i3 REx LCI
                      Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                        What about calling carfax about this little tidbit they didn't know about?

Well the car does have a clean title, that's the thing. All this was done under the radar of the DMV.

Comment

Just went and talked to the mechanic that the car is sitting at right now, it needs a new oil pan $1200, about 450 for a used rack and 400 to put it in. Im so done with it. I think I will throw it in Craigslist for like 11k and hopefully someone will buy it, I don't even have the title yet though that is coming in the mail so how the hell can I sell a car with no title.

Comment

The e30 gods have punished me.

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                            I'm guessing he's mellow about it because it's not his money.

I still have to pay off the loan? It really is my $. And also im not that mellow about it. It fucking sucks, but im the only one to blame.

Comment

Noone in their right mind is going to spend 11k on a car that needs those things.

1200 + 400+450 = $2050. pay it. get it on the road and driving properly. once its driving properly, wash it, take some very nice photos in an empty carpark. Put it up for sale for 15k negotiable, dont go lower than 14k.

Worst case you will lose 2000 for this whole ordeal, which in the big scheme of things isnt too bad.

Wait no title? i dont understand how the US title system works, but it doesn't sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                                Noone in their right mind is going to spend 11k on a car that needs those things.

1200 + 400+450 = $2050. pay it. get it on the road and driving properly. once its driving properly, wash it, take some very nice photos in an empty carpark. Put it up for sale for 15k negotiable, dont go lower than 14k.

Worst case you will lose 2000 for this whole ordeal, which in the big scheme of things isnt too bad.

Wait no title? i dont understand how the US title system works, but it doesn't sound good.
                                Ditto. Fix it up, he honest, clean it real nice, take some nice good photos with lots of details, and highlight its good points like the paint job, interior, etc. Advertise that your mechanic did a full PPI and you spend $XXXX to fix it the right way. Honesty goes a long way.

OR

Keep it and enjoy your newly fixed ride.
                                F80 ///M3 CS
                                i3 REx LCI
                                Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Working...
                                X