Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might have found a car that will make me sell he Audi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's taking about spending 7k? If this went down, the S4 would be sold (10k), and s52 sold before anything happened. I'm very patient about these things and wait for deals.

Went from a stock S4 to a 400+ whp setup for under $5k.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Also, this isn't about competition. More like a Ricky Bobby kind of thing. I just wanna go fast.

I am currently in the process of buying a house. No matter what happens here, it will be put off until well after we are in there.
      No E30 Club
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        compulsive modding culture
        It's called a hobby.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Sell all cars and buy a bronzit/cardinal 325e.
          1990 Alpine 325is
          1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Did that, dropped a h/c/I 5.0 into it. Hated it.
            No E30 Club

Comment

No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                Did that, dropped a h/c/I 5.0 into it. Hated it.
                Why did you hate it? And is an lsx e36 going to be all the different?
                Instagram
                sigpic
                Current: 99 M3
                Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Nah I more so hated the 5.0. Had a driveline vibration that I couldn't get rid of, for some reason it kept eating pilot bearings. Cooling issues even with a big ass radiator.

I just got tired of dealing with it. It was my daily lol, poor decision to swap it at that point in my life.

Now I have stock cars to drive daily. The S4 gets driven twice a month. Whatever i move on to can sit for 6 months if need be.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    Nah I more so hated the 5.0. Had a driveline vibration that I couldn't get rid of, for some reason it kept eating pilot bearings. Cooling issues even with a big ass radiator.

I just got tired of dealing with it. It was my daily lol, poor decision to swap it at that point in my life.

Now I have stock cars to drive daily. The S4 gets driven twice a month. Whatever i move on to can sit for 6 months if need be.
                    Gotcha. I love me a classic 5.0, so that's disappointing to hear. They have one of my favorite exhaust notes.

I think you will find with a turbo lsx you will quickly overwhelm the traction capabilities of an e36. 255's are a squeeze with stock body work.
                    Instagram
                    sigpic
                    Current: 99 M3
                    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Yea looking back I imagine the problem was probably a worn input shaft bearing. I enjoyed it otherwise, plenty of power and sounded great.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Looks like my Brother got some cold feet, backing out of the deal that he proposed.

Ah well, he was supposed to buy my old E34 as well but backed out then too.

All good, moving forward with the S4 at this point in time. I've managed to do a lot with it by being patient and waiting for deals to pop up. I could sell it, and dump the money into the Miata, but for a fraction of the cost (rods and injectors) I could push the S4 to over 500awhp with E85 and a tune.

So yea, business as usual. It's always fun to research and learn more about future opportunities though.

One more E36 M3 that will go unmolested by horsepower junkies like my self. Although this means my S4 will eventually end up with a cracked block.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                          It's called a hobby.
                          I was told cocaine is hobby when I was at the track over memorial day by some dude with a turbo miata. so hobby addiction potato patato.

But bummer that your brother backed out I was excited for some v8 e36 stuff, but guess I'll just keep an eye out on the audi
                          -Dee
                          5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                          IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Yea once I'm in the house with a nice temp controlled garage to work in, things will start happening for it.

As of right now It is no longer my DD so it's getting neglected. As far as I'm concerned, wrenching time is as good as driving time, and that engine needs some seals replaced. I was planning on going through the motor and dropping in some forged rods before the whole e36 offer came around, so I'll probably just go back to that.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

In the meantime here's a video of the Audi doing a 3rd gear pull starting at a low rpm, with Tool playing in the background.

No E30 Club

Comment

Ever since I bought my LS1/T56 ute, I've been dreaming about LS3 swapping my M Sport E36 328i. LS + E36 would be an incredible combination.

Comment

Working...
                                X