Amazon.com total spend since 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klug View Post
    The most expensive order was $711 for my SLR, then only about 30 some orders for stuff between $100-200. The rest of the orders were all sub $100- so they all add up very quick.

Basically, if I don't need something TODAY...I'll buy it on Amazon since its usually cheaper than buying it in a brick and mortar store.

And being 29, acting 21 and living off of a grown-up big boy salary doesn't help....
    Also 29, also have a grown-up big boy salary, also feel your pain.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Your one order away from matching me! But you have had more pricier orders.
      It helped that the fourth order on the list was apparently $1,200 for a multi-user quickbooks license. I definitely didn't buy that for myself. :)
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Shared family account but 449 items with a total of $18,900 USD.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

The most expensive order was $711 for my SLR, then only about 30 some orders for stuff between $100-200. The rest of the orders were all sub $100- so they all add up very quick.

Basically, if I don't need something TODAY...I'll buy it on Amazon since its usually cheaper than buying it in a brick and mortar store.

And being 29, acting 21 and living off of a grown-up big boy salary doesn't help....
          I guess I get most of my photography gear from B&H, Adorama, and ebay. The totals on just photography stuff in the past year well exceed my amazon totals.

I guess I have a thing for lenses with a red ring around the end.
          sigpic
          Gun control means using both hands
          Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

it only goes back to 2006, and I've been on Amazon since 2004..

$15,406.64 over 359 orders.

Now eBay. That would be scary to look at. Been on that since '99.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

If I could easily lookup the amount I spent at FCP euro just over the past two years- that would be the scary one....and I refuse to figure that # out.
              555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
              '95 BMW e34 525i
              '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
              '92 Range Rover Classic
              '90 Range Rover Classic
              '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
              '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
              '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
              '67 Pontiac LeMans
              '24 Model T Depot Hack
              ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

$5,160 for 177 orders since 2006 but $3584 of that was since 2016 when I finally discovered PRIME and how Amazon saves me multiple trips to Best Buy, CVS, Walmart and Target etc for random crap like a whistle for camping, USB cables, pens, light bulbs, etc etc. My most expensive hobby outside of my car is photography, but I don't use Amazon. Best Buy will match amazon prices and I can return easily in store without shipping it back. I also don't have to worry about a $1500 lens being stolen off my porch.
                F80 ///M3 CS
                i3 REx LCI
                Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                  $5,160 for 177 orders since 2006 but $3584 of that was since 2016 when I finally discovered PRIME and how Amazon saves me multiple trips to Best Buy, CVS, Walmart and Target etc for random crap like a whistle for camping, USB cables, pens, light bulbs, etc etc. My most expensive hobby outside of my car is photography, but I don't use Amazon. Best Buy will match amazon prices and I can return easily in store without shipping it back. I also don't have to worry about a $1500 lens being stolen off my porch.
                  That happened to me with a 100mm f2.8L. Amazon replaced it easy enough but still angry about it.

B&H will have me sign which is in itself annoying as I usually have to go pick it up. Luckily the terminals are close to my house.
                  sigpic

Comment

You can use the Amazon Locker.. I think that's the name of it..

You ship it to a Locker, which could be a 7-11 or whatever and you pick it up from there.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      You can use the Amazon Locker.. I think that's the name of it..

You ship it to a Locker, which could be a 7-11 or whatever and you pick it up from there.
                      In certain cities. Not here though, too remote. The crack heads at the locker would be the ones stealing everything.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dagamus(NM) View Post
                        That happened to me with a 100mm f2.8L. Amazon replaced it easy enough but still angry about it.

B&H will have me sign which is in itself annoying as I usually have to go pick it up. Luckily the terminals are close to my house.
                        That sucks. Coincidentally, I price shopped amazon vs Best Buy on that same lens. Canon 100mm Macro? Best Buy matched, I ordered it and got an email when it was ready for pickup. After 20 days I didn't think I really needed it so I returned it to Best Buy. Quick and painless.
                        F80 ///M3 CS
                        i3 REx LCI
                        Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Cool feature, my account has spent $12,803.22 in 629 orders..

Comment

28,842.97. But that is leaving out purchases from 2003-2005

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                              That sucks. Coincidentally, I price shopped amazon vs Best Buy on that same lens. Canon 100mm Macro? Best Buy matched, I ordered it and got an email when it was ready for pickup. After 20 days I didn't think I really needed it so I returned it to Best Buy. Quick and painless.
                              I love that lens. Great for portraits and bugs. Not my #1, but still.

Most used lens is probably my 50mm 1.2L. 16-35 f2.8L gets used a lot. 24-70 f2.8P not as much as I would have thought. Same as the 100-400. Maybe with a proper gimbal
                              sigpic

Comment

Less than I thought

Total Spend = $35,973.16
                                Total Orders = 655

Comment

Working...
                                X