e34 oil level sender: Physical Pin location and number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 oil level sender: Physical Pin location and number

Well I know how to wire it and where to wire it on c101 but one thing that I dont know, and maybe im just dumb, is the physical layout of plug. Which is pin #1 and pin #3? Pin 1 toward the front or rear of motor.

I have a 3 prong connector from e36 donor harness and want to wire it up through c101 through the harness. I already go the Pin 1 to c101 2, pin 3 to c101 10 and ground middle pin. Just need to know which is pin 1 and 3 literally.

Picture for reference. Ignore the broken plug end. Probably will use it anyway. Damn things expensive new.

Someone?

Comment

maybe you can check polarity? with a multimeter? im curious tho because i will need to wire this aswell
      my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

if you have it wired to a three prong female connector just plug it in, if the light goes out then its right if not then switch #1 and #3, that's how I had to do it.
        BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

Wellll. I dont wanna have to splice it twice after its in the car. Hahaha.

Comment

i just did this tonight. pin 2 is ground. the pin 3 goes to black/blue wire pin 2 on c101, and the pin 1 goes to violet/green pin 10 on c101. good luck
            Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

Look in the ETM?

The engine harness colors are blue/white, brown, and blue/yellow.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Look in the ETM?

The engine harness colors are blue/white, brown, and blue/yellow.

i dont think he is using the e34 or e30 oil level harness plug

Comment

I am not. I am using a plug I cut off the m52 and running it through the e36 obd1 harness.

Comment

You will have to add at least 2 new wires for static and dynamic. Ground where ever you want. I gave you the pin locations. The numbers won't change on the pin locations, regardless of where the plug came from.

EDIT: Just reread your first post. Looking at the face of the connector with metal on top, pin 1 is on the left.
                    Last edited by meanEG; 04-20-2014, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Ahhh cool thanks man. Yup already have the static and dynamic wires run through harness and pinned in c101. Just need to splice in the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by meanEG View Post
                        i dont think he is using the e34 or e30 oil level harness plug
                        So? The ETM will tell you which pins to hook up. :)
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                        X